- + Follow
Retail / Display Designer, Project Manager
Design career is what mostly reflects my character: I’m a very pragmatic person and it goes along with effectiveness and engineering, but I am extremely curious and inventive as well, and this leads to the aim of always customising, combining or creating objects, spaces, look. Design is a challenge and a good designer has to find the best match among lots of details, ideas, concepts, needs, requirements, functions, cultural and trend hints, aesthetic aspects, brand strategy, budget restrictions, timing, technologies; from scratch to the final product, succeeding in this is like winning a race: it gives you adrenaline and satisfaction, no matter what product is, from a spoon to a city. Career opportunities finally brought me towards retail and display design, which are the sum of functionality and beauty, branding and marketing effectiveness, and in which “on time and cost” is a very must. Above all I’ve become a project manager, that is the high point for a designer, because it gives you the opportunity to bring your project to completion, that is to lead the entire process, step by step, from a privileged point of view and control.
Tommy Hilfiger - La Rinascente Milano 2013
7 for all mankind - Xmas windows Europe 2013
Seventy - retail concept
- Assisted and collaborated with client in conceiving and designing displays and fit-outs: choosing materials and solutions accordingly with aesthetic and marketing strategy objectives, as well as with budget needs..
- Defined construction design and chose suppliers, in order to estimate the final costs and to sign contracts, both with manufacturers and with clients.
- Managed and monitored production and logistics.
- Quality control on prototypes, final products and packaging.
- Organised installations and/or deliveries, customer service.
- Helped the curator, Anna Lombardi, in contacting companies and collecting materials for the exhibitions and for the catalogues.
- Conceived designer graphics for the exhibitions and managed production and installation of them.
- Wrote parts of the “Acciaio Domani” catalogue and prepared some graphics for it.
- Archicad preliminary layout and construction drawings.
- Artlantis rendering.
- Technical specifications, bill of components/materials.
- Quality control before delivery
- On site set up overview.
as freelance designer at HDG in New York City (USA) I worked on residential interior decoration projects and on graphic concepts for websites and brochures.
Courses: Industrial design, materials and technologies, rendering, Solid Works. A three months internship was required and I chose Anna Lombardi Studio, which specialises in product design and in brand strategy and cultural events to promote industrial sectors or companies.
Specialisation courses in art and industrial design history, scenography, graphics.