- + Follow
Retail / Display Designer, Project Manager
Design career is what mostly reflects my character: I’m a very pragmatic person and it goes along with effectiveness and engineering skills, but I am extremely curious and inventive as well, and this leads to the aim of always customising, combining or creating objects, spaces, look. Design is a challenge and a good designer has to find the best match among lots of details, ideas, concepts, needs, requirements, functions, cultural and trend hints, aesthetic aspects, brand strategy, budget restrictions, timing, technologies; from scratch to the final product, succeeding in this is like winning a race: it gives you adrenaline and satisfaction, no matter what product is, from a spoon to a city. Career opportunities finally brought me towards retail and display design, which are the sum of functionality and beauty, branding and marketing effectiveness, and in which “on time and cost” is a very must. Project management, which I have been in charge of in the last eight years, represents for me the completion of my professional profile: it is the privileged point of view and control of the whole project. Interior design is my other passion, the discipline in which customisation, functionality, beauty and comfort come together. Also a residential interior is treated as an exhibition space, as it represents the owners personality and is often displayed as "personal branding". I strongly believe in functional innovation of the residential spaces as well: technology radically changed our habits and thus our living spaces. Dimensions and geometry of our homes are affected by this and the interior designer, in my opinion, is the professional who can lead you through the jungle of new materials, products and systems, so to make this change an effective improvement of your lifestyle.
Alfresco - Adelaide 2015
Launch event - Adelaide 2015
Pitti uomo - Firenze 2012
LaraL design specialises in shop window displays, interior and retail design and temporary installations.
As partner of a start-up my role ranges from key account, to creative direction, design and project management.
- Assisted and collaborated with client in conceiving and designing displays and fit-outs: choosing materials and solutions accordingly with aesthetic and marketing strategy objectives, as well as with budget needs..
- Defined construction design and chose suppliers, in order to estimate the final costs and to sign contracts, both with manufacturers and with clients.
- Managed and monitored production and logistics.
- Quality control on prototypes, final products and packaging.
- Organised installations and/or deliveries, customer service.
- Helped the curator, Anna Lombardi, in contacting companies and collecting materials for the exhibitions and for the catalogues.
- Conceived designer graphics for the exhibitions and managed production and installation of them.
- Wrote parts of the “Acciaio Domani” catalogue and prepared some graphics for it.
- Archicad preliminary layout and construction drawings.
- Artlantis rendering.
- Technical specifications, bill of components/materials.
- Quality control before delivery
- On site set up overview.
as freelance designer at HDG in New York City (USA) I worked on residential interior decoration projects and on graphic concepts for websites and brochures.
Courses: Industrial design, materials and technologies, rendering, Solid Works. A three months internship was required and I chose Anna Lombardi Studio, which specialises in product design and in brand strategy and cultural events to promote industrial sectors or companies.
Specialisation courses in art and industrial design history, scenography, graphics.