- + Follow
Retail / Display Designer, Interior Designer, Project Manage...
Italian architect, specialising in retail-display and interior design, experienced project manager in the field. Design is a challenge and a good designer has to find the best match among lots of details, ideas, concepts, needs, requirements, functions, cultural and trend hints, aesthetic aspects, brand strategy, budget restrictions, timing, technologies; from scratch to the final product, succeeding in this is like winning a race: it gives you adrenaline and satisfaction, no matter what product is, from a spoon to a city. Career opportunities finally brought me towards retail and display design, which are the sum of functionality and beauty, branding and marketing effectiveness, and in which “on time and cost” is a very must. Project management, which I have been in charge of in the last eight years, represents for me the completion of my professional profile: it is the privileged point of view and control of the whole project. Interior design is my other passion, the discipline in which customisation, functionality, beauty and comfort come together. Also a residential interior is treated as an exhibition space, as it represents the owners personality and is often displayed as "personal branding". I strongly believe in functional innovation of the residential spaces as well: technology radically changed our habits and thus our living spaces. Dimensions and geometry of our homes are affected by this and the interior designer, in my opinion, is the professional who can lead you through the jungle of new materials, products and systems, so to make this change an effective improvement of your lifestyle.
Aldinga Beach - SA 2016-17
Launch event - Adelaide 2015
BDPI - ITMA - Milan (trade show booth, 2015)
Mudefri is a virtual design museum, hosting temporary exhibitions, and a permanent collection of deign objects. It is "located" by the products it gathers (Friuli Venezia Giulia is the Italian region it refers to), but has no real location for the visitors, as it is on the world wide web: an innovative interpretation of the mixture between local and global.
My role is focused on the design of the exhibition "fit-outs":
- interpretation of curator's briefs and collaboration in the strategic planning,
- graphic design for exhibitions and museums sections,
- project management and coordination between stakeholders.
LaraL design is my brand as a freelance professional. Started up in Adelaide in 2014 and recently moved to Geelong, Victoria.
With LaraL design I have the opportunity to offer my international experience to other professionals and to private clients on:
- bespoke residential projects (design, visualisation and documentation)
- retail design and window display fitouts (both as designer and visualiser and as project manager)
- graphic design (concepts and art-work files for logos, gadget graphics, brochures, architetural graphics)
Freelance consultant for:
- interior design and decoration concepts and visualisation
- research and selection of new products for the catalogue
- marketing strategy
- Assisted and collaborated with client in conceiving and designing displays and fit-outs: choosing materials and solutions accordingly with aesthetic and marketing strategy objectives, as well as with budget needs.
- Defined construction design and chose suppliers, in order to estimate the final costs and to sign contracts, both with manufacturers and with clients.
- Defined and managed budgets.
- Managed and monitored production and logistics.
- Quality control on prototypes, final products and packaging.
- Organised installations and/or deliveries, customer service.
Assisted the curator (Anna Lombardi) in planning and setting up design exhibitions.
Was in charge of: concept and development of graphic artwork for the exhibition fit-out, research and writing of part of the catalogue ("Acciaio Domani, saperi ricerca e futuro", Udine; "Creactivity", Udine), supervising manufacturing and installation.
Design and documentation for trade fair stands, retail and pub projects; supervised production and set up.
as freelance designer at HDG in New York City (USA) I worked on residential interior decoration projects and on graphic concepts for websites and brochures.
Principles of project management: overview on PMBOK methodology
Courses: Industrial design, materials and technologies, rendering, Solid Works. A three months internship was required and I chose Anna Lombardi Studio, which specialises in product design and in brand strategy and cultural events to promote industrial sectors or companies.
Specialisation courses in art and industrial design history, scenography, graphics.