- + Follow
Mike Antonio Gaitan
Upon graduating I was recruited by a jewelry design company where I learned the very important particular aspects of jewelry design such as product development to final product.
- August 2011 – Present (2 year 4 months) Lorijanic's Jewelry (freelance)
-Responsibilities: To develop jewelry designs through the process of concept sketching, 3-D modeling using CAD, analyzing cost of manufacturing, analyzing cost of advertising, analyzing cost of packaging and design and some jewelers duties such as grinding raw casting spru, finishing/polishing jewelry and oxidizing jewelry.
- October 2009- July 2010 Spectore Corporation Deerfield Beach, FL Jewelry Design Firm .
-Responsibilities: Free hand sketching, 3-D modeling (Matrix), setting up files to Mill for Prototyping, setting up wax models in rubber case and supplies inventory.
- MACHINERY EXPERIENCE: Milling machine Revo 540c, Sand Blast, Band saw, Tumbler , Drill Press, Buffing wheel, Grinding Wheel and Table saw.
- July 2007- September 2007 Reflex Design, Inc Pompano, FL Industrial Design Firm,
Product design/ 3-D Modeling ( Internship ) .
- Responsibilities: Intensive free hand sketching, analyzing SolidWorks Files and constructing Solidwork 3-D modeling.
-FREELANCE - 2007- Present Coetzee Ventures Fort Lauderdale, FL .
-Responsibilities: Contribute in developing concept ideation into 3-D Solidwork modeling and Solidwork software tutoring.
- January 2007 Evys Bedding Miami, FL (freelance)
- Responsibilities: Designed company vehicle graphics, set up file for printer
-EDUCATION The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design graduated June, 2009
-Skills: Furniture design, jewelry jewelry design, model making, automotive design, graphic design, conceptual sketching.
-Software skills: Microsoft-word, Excel,Powerpoint , Outlook, AutoCad, Matrix (Rhinoceros) Rhino, Adobe-Illustrator, Adobe-Photoshop and Solidworks.
-LANGUAGE SKILLS: English/Spanish
The Art Institute Of Fort Lauderdale