- + Follow
President at Tirso Olivares Design
• 24 years of experience in the Product/Packaging Design Industry.
• Major Strengths in creative conceptual development and project management.
Ideation skills with strong visualization and artistic talents.
• Experience to develop, execute and implement extensive design programs with multi functional teams, both internal and external.
• Extensive experience on product implementation of all aesthetic, functional and performance criteria throughout the development process and into production.
Original designer for products including the following: Coca-Cola Contour PET Bottles, Sprite PET Bottles, Allergan Complete Container, Harpic TBC, Oral-B Cross Action Tooth Brush Package, Mentadent Dual Chamber Bottle, Nesquik Bottle, Tang Container, Splenda Container and Motorola Accessories Packaging.
Designer on over 30 design/utility patents.
Several of these designs have been recognized with awards such as the Institute of Packaging Professionals Ameristar Award.
Tirso Olivares Design,Chicago IL. 312-226-0610 2005-Present
Tirso Olivares Design specializes in packaging design and development.
For over 23 years I have focused on creating innovative structures, closures and dispensing systems which deliver consumer value to our clients brands.
Our knowledge base and experience spans the entire package development value chain from concept to prototyping to full commercialization, and our development process is fully collaborative.
KornickLindsay Chicago, IL. 1989-2005.
Product Design Director/Structural Innovation Team.
• Clients included Coca Cola, Kraft, Oral-B, Quaker Oats, Pepsi, SC Johnson,
Ocean Spray, Metronics, Gillette, Allergan, M&M Mars, Motorola, Roche,
DuPont, Reckit-Benkiser, Nestle, and Perrier among others.
• English- verbal and written
• Spanish- verbal and written
Specialties: Experience in developing highly innovative packaging solutions
Dial Kids Body and Hair Wash
My experience in developing highly innovative packaging solutions has
given me the inspiration and confidence to establish my own design firm.
"Team up, Co-create and Innovate"
• Primary focus involved working with strategic business units to develop package structures and delivery systems that support brand positioning, meet cost and performance goals and provide value added benefits to the consumer. This includes client contact and participation in multiple research programs, retail audits and strategic planning.
• Managed, fomented and directed creative work in house and freelance design; engineering production and model shop resources in the execution of structural packaging, merchandising and product design programs.
• Developed design proposals and effectively manage design budgets.
• Represented structural packaging discipline in sales presentations and prospective