- + Follow
Creative product designer with 12 years of industry experien...
• Possessing a diversified product development background, including furniture, lighting, upholstery, packaging, exhibition booth and print design. • Knowledge of a diversified array of communication and modelling tools such as SolidWorks, Cinema 4D and the Adobe Pack, delivering efficient and well presented working documents for colleagues, suppliers and customers. • Delivering product development within tight deadlines, while cordially coordinating tasks and duties with managers, colleagues, suppliers and sellers. • Being able to properly select materials and manufacturing processes for product production providing comprehensive technical work sheets either for mass or bespoke production. • Possessing a multi-cultural and open-minded background embracing creative judgment and constant learning evolution.
Dolce & Gabanna Perfume Bottle Propossal
Development of furniture and upholstery products tailored to the High End market.
• Creation of more than 100 furniture and upholstery itens in Solidworks (cabinets, consoles, tables, wardrobes, sofas, chairs, etc.).
• Creation of detailed technical sheets to be delivered to several manufacturers subcontracted in Portugal, detailing metal structures, wood frames, hardware, finishes, woods types, mirror and glass thicknesses.
• Supporting the Quality Controllers of the company during the process of manufacturing, proposing alternative ways of construction and manufacturing.
• Connection with the design team in the United Kingdom, through frequent visits to headquarters, dispelling doubts about production and manufacturing processes.
Development of kitchen proposals based on the analysis of trends to follow.
•Preparation of kitchen furniture proposals (presenting new colors to be introduced, new wood trims, and new proportionalities for cabinets).
•Report analysis, industry fairs visits, competition study and sales analysis for presentation of trends to follow.
•Contact with suppliers on an international scale for gathering information on finishes and colours to market.
Developing flat pack furniture for the kitchen and accommodation market.
•Development of kitchen proposals for the disabled and furniture proposals for the urban house.
•Creation of market research reports (through the analysis of Keynote and Mintel database) and visit to tradeshows
•Introduction of some production procedures (assembly drawings pack, coding numbers)
•3D modelling and assembly instructions for several flat pack furniture units.
Developing upholstery products and furniture for the home and contract market.
•Creation of over 30 signature products that caught the attention of industry professionals and clients in international tradeshows. Product development included sketching, wood structure layout, foam and coatings selection, outsourcing with external suppliers if necessary and creation of comprehensive technical sheets for mass production.
•Follow up of over 100 bespoke projects according to client specific needs.
•Responsible for organizing several major international tradeshows (Milan, Brussels, Paris and New York). Key responsibilities included the development of new products, exhibition booth concept and design, space layout, choice of coverings and finishes, supervise photography and marketing tools.
•Responsible for structuring and organizing all the information needed for budget offers for contract projects. Depending on the project these presentations could include space layouts, coverings, upholsteries, furniture, lighting and decor elements proposals.
•Supervising the company corporate image, this task included creating or directing the execution of catalogues, newsletters and flyers, overseeing photo shoots, as well as site maintenance.
Providing assistance and support in the rental of the Vale dos Amores cottage.
•Creation of all client informative documents (guide book, visit card, brochure, flyer, website).
•Client enquiries follow up, keeping payments and security deposits up to date.
•Welcoming clients upon arrival, providing them with up to date information about what to do, where to go, where to shop.
•Scheduling proper cleaning and maintenance of the property.
Administrating AfterEffects, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop classes for adult students with different professional backgrounds.
•Elaborating comprehensive tutorial documents for student follow-up.
•Preparing and organizing classes with practical exercises and examples, based on real world scenarios.
Elaborating proposals for the renewal of the company product portfolio.
•Presentation of new lighting design concepts.
•Presentation of exhibition booths proposals.
•Elaboration of communication tools: invitations, flyers, visit cards.
Creating perfume bottle packaging for Jean Patou, Parasuco, Lacoste, Vera Wang, Andy Rodick, Dolce & Gabanna, Théo Fannel, Carlos Santana, Mathew Williamson.
•Delivering and designing beauty products real scale mock ups for client presentation.
•Gathering information on presentation boards for product description and marketing accessing.
•Photographing final presentation mock ups for client assessment.
•Sketching and rendering proposals prior mock up beginning.