- + Follow
GRAPHIC & PATTERN DESIGNER
Laguna Niguel, CA
Almost everything I have done has been fun and exciting, and overall I have felt a creative satisfaction and sense of pride of my accomplishment at the end of the day. I am an experienced professional in search for an opportunity where I can make a difference. Please, spend a minute or two to take a look at what I can offer. I am an organized and deadline driven self-starter and I view myself as a dependable team player and a resourceful creative professional.
I available NOW, for remote or in-house employment!
EDITORIAL AND PUBLICATION DESIGN
GRAPHIC DESIGNER / STUDIO ARTIST
Professional and Interpersonal Qualifications Summary ?
I am a creative professional experienced in fast paced environments, which demands strong organizational, technical and creative skills. I see myself as an organized, talented, resourceful, detail oriented and deadline driven team player, possessing the following professional and personal strengths:
• Customer and Vendor Communication Experience
• Current in All Design Software
• Detailed Oriented Proof Reader
• Leadership and Team Building Qualities
• Proactive and Creative Problem Solving
• An Entrepreneurial Spirit & A Self Starting Work Style
CREATIVE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS ?
• Over 8 years experience in Adobe Creative Suite, CS3 and CS6 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat), Microsoft Publisher, MS Word, working knowledge in PowerPoint and Excel.
Photography & Illustration:
• Strong creative talent and technical knowledge of computer based repeat pattern design technique and development of colorways in Adobe Illustrator. Skilled in hand sketching, map illustrations, technical schematics and floor plan drawings. Holds a fine arts background with a lifelong study of art & design.
• Digital and analog systems, photo editing, photo shoot experience, styling, image/color correction and stock photo research and archiving.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS ?
Bonette Design Company (Graphic Design Department) (2004 – currently + 1996 – 1999)
Graphic Designer (self-employed creative consultant for various clients)
As a graphic designer/studio artist, work on a multitude of projects with advertising agencies, publishers, corporate marketing departments and design studios. Projects includes brochures, product catalogs, direct mailers, presentation boards, ads, data sheets, packaging and print publications. Work also includes concept development, design, production and image manipulation. For the best possible results, this process includes an involved communication with clients, account executives, copywriters and design leads.
Bonette Design Company (Textile Design Department) (2010 – currently)
Owner and Creative Principal
The principal and designer of a small textile and accessory design company; my daily tasks are sourcing, administrative and creative work which includes illustrations, repeat pattern designs, concept and execution of the creation of unique scarves and jewelry for ecommerce, craft shows and retail sales.
CME Inc. [Continual Medical Education] – Irvine, CA (5/1999 – 4/2000)
Publications Art Director
Responsible for the design and layout of two monthly trade publications with Continual Medical Education content for health professionals, proofreading of all editorial content, holding editorial meetings, scheduling production, design flow charts, approve blue lines, evaluating performance and mentoring my staff of three designers and researching editorial cover art. Maintained an excellent working relationship with sales, marketing and editorial associates.
Off Duty Magazine – Costa Mesa, CA (5/1994 – 11/1996)
Off Duty Magazine offered US Armed Forces personnel with important information while on base. Held a position as the art director where I was responsible for design and layout of four monthly and bimonthly publications, plus several specialty issues. Redesigned all magazines as well as sales and marketing materials. Supervised two editorial assistants.
Additional Professional Information:
Started my creative career in 1991 at Sequoia Communications, Santa Barbara, CA as a Graphic Designer. Responsibilities included concepts and design/production of exclusive coffee table books and other marketing materials for a variety of national clients, communication with staff writers, editors and freelancers.
2000 – 2001 Held a California Real Estate license; was active in Orange County, CA as a sales associate.
2001 – 2002 On a sabbatical while spending quality time with family in Sweden.
2002 – 2004 Owned and operated a state licensed family infant childcare in Santa Barbara, CA.
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE & A LIMITED CLIENT SAMPLE LIST ?
• United Healthcare Group (contracted by AllMed Staffing for ThomasArts, production artist)
• MedPartners (contract graphic artist servicing member physicians with their marketing needs)
• Triad Group (clients: St.Joseph Healthcare, Lakeside Med. Group and CareMore Med. Group)
• Mark-it Smart (clients: Valeant Pharmaceuticals, ASP/Johnson& Johnson among others)
• CME Inc. (publications Art Director with Psychiatric Times; medical education and tradeshows)
• Odontos (creative contractor for publications targeting the orthodontic profession)
• St.Joseph Hospital (designed and produced a monthly in-house newsletter)
• Kovach Marketing (clients: Shea Homes, Taylor Woodrow, William Lyon Homes among others)
• InterCommunications (a variety of national and international real estate developers)
• Barracuda Advertising (clients: New Millennium Homes, Standard Pacific Homes)
• Homes and Land Magazine/Northern Orange County (contractual ad designer)
• Builder & Developer (Peninsula Publishing; layout of monthly issue)
Museums, Parks & Hospitality—
• Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden (art direction, design/production of coffee table/souvenir book)
• Hilton and Fairmont Hotels (production and layout of sales collateral)
• The Bishops Lodge & Resort (design and layout of sales brochure)
• Santa Barbara Biltmore Hotel (on the production team of their coffee table/souvenir book)
• Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History (on the design team of “Treasures” book)
• Cody Museum of Firearms (while at Sequoia Communications, produced one of their books)
• CIAO BELLA! Magazine, Houston, TX (currently: start-up lifestyle mag., remote graphic designer)
Tech & Misc. Markets—
• Smith + Noble Window Treatments (on the seasonal catalog production team)
• Jensen Design Associates-JDA (freelance production artist; clients: Canon and Toshiba)
• Kingston Technologies (freelance designer; manufacturer of memory products)
• Terra Universal (manufacturer of clean-room equipment, on seasonal catalog team)
• RichesBaird (production artist on catalog projects, presentations, ads and annual reports)
• Smith + Noble Window Treatments (on the seasonal catalog production team)
• Breathable Baby (conceptualized and designed repeat pattern for textile company)
• IconBuilderMedia.com (virtual designer; online publications: Enlightenment Lifestyle Magazine, Healthy Healing Magazine and Icon Builder Magazine)
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ?
Career Course in Graphic Design, Visual Communication and Marketing
La Jolla Academy of Advertising Arts, La Jolla, CA. GPA 3.7 [now Art Institute of California, San Diego]
Visual Communications Program: Computer Illustration and Layout
University of California Extension, Santa Barbara, CA.
Professional Course in Communication, Information & Media
Vätterbygdens Folkhögskola, Jönköping, Sweden.
College Course Studies: Art Major
Design Principles, Drawing, Silk Screen Printing, Studio Art, Art History
Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA. On Presidents List. GPA 4.0
Entrepreneur Development Program
CLIMB and PCC at Portland Community College, Portland, OR (fall/winter semester 2010)
College Course Studies: Small Business Management
Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA.
La Jolla Academy of Advertising Arts, La Jolla, CA
Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA
University of California at Santa Barbara, extension: computer illustration and layout
Portland Community College (PCC), Portland, OR