- + Follow
Senior Project Designer
Environmental Graphic Designer with emphasis on sign and display manufacturing. My expertise lies in generating original concepts, as well as collaborating with other designers to integrate manufacturing capabilities into designs.
Wayfinding design and execution, Branding, Visual Identities, ADA sign code, Project Management
Hell's Kitchen - Exterior ID
IDS Center - Interior Kiosk Concept
Campbell's Soup Company - Building ID
• Lead Project Designer on all national and international signage projects larger than $250,000.
• Project markets include; retail, entertainment, hospitality, commercial office, and healthcare.
• Directed design staff by developing processes for detailed and technically accurate conceptual designs and fabrication drawings.
• Primary estimating consultant for all metal fabrication, illumination, and large scale complex fabrication projects.
• Developed efficient standards of work in design, manufacturing, and estimating.
• Managed vendors for exterior installation, lighting, specialty metal finishing, out-of-house fabrication, and out-of-house CNC vendors.
• Managed the day-to-day IT issues including: software installation and troubleshooting, networking, and hardware purchasing.
• As a technology advisory board member, implemented ERP and CRM software that lead to higher margins and precise job estimating.
• Prepress/preflight setup for large format UV flatbed and solvent inkjet printers.
Member of a volunteer group of individuals whose goal is to build and maintain a healthy discussion community. Our goal is to help move conversations forward and to promote and maintain a professional level of discourse that encourages an active participatory atmosphere.
* Relied on my knowledge of bicycles and cycling products to assess, persuade and inform customers in a retail sales environment.
* Established design standards using Lean Manufacturing methods. * Developed standard products for all high margin sales categories. * Responsible for initial design concepts of wayfinding systems, exterior campus identities, and interior recognition walls. * Designed and maintained a uniform look for all business forms and drawings throughout the company. * Trained and implemented SolidWorks best practices into the department. * Built and maintained a library of SolidWorks models to be used for design standards.
• Directed a staff of 3 designers to ensure each project was produced efficiently and on budget.
• Reviewed, prioritized and assigned all incoming design work.
• Served as primary point of contact with sales, production, estimating, and project management teams.
• Represented the design staff in weekly sales and production meetings, to remain informed of market changes, sales goals and requirements for production.
• Coordinated nation-wide site surveys, and out-of-house engineering services.
• Consulted directly with clients to discuss design intent and new projects, individually as well as along side sales staff.
• Problem solved production, design and budget constraints.
• Adopted and implemented Lean Manufacturing principles into the office environment.
• Created conceptual designs through finalized production drawings for top level sign and architectural products manufacturing firm.
• Interpreted client’s design intent to realize finished product while adhering to budget and time constraints.
• Managed all outgoing artwork for CNC department and outside vendors.
• Maintained client’s design intent through structural and mechanical ingenuity.
College of Design Dean’s List: December 2001 - June 2003