- + Follow
Graduate Student at RIT in Industrial Design
David Strauss holds a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design from SUNY Purchase College and a Masters of Fine Arts degree in Industrial Design from The Rochester Institute of Technology. David was the 2013 recipient of the RIT GlassLab Fellowship with the Corning Museum of Glass. Prior to a attending RIT, he was the artistic director of design at Artistic Frame, a custom furniture showroom and manufacturer. David also has a background in graphic, web, and brand design. He has provided professional design services for several organizations, companies, and artists including: Purchase College Television, University of Pennsylvania, Silver Marketing Group, Phlare Magazine, Alma Phipps, Owen Morrel, and Dennis Oppenheim.
Specialties: Furniture Design, Ready For Production Technical Drawings, Industrial Design, Graphic Branding and Identity, Print Ready Design, Web Site Design and Maintenance, Team Management
Bodoni Soap Dish
Universal Seven Desk & Table
• Designed visual mock-ups for all custom made furniture.
• Maintained website: photo uploads, page creation, pricing, updates.
• Developed screen animations to display showroom products in store front.
• Designed and managed marketing materials: tear sheets, mailings, flash ads, and web blasts.
• Established graphic design internship program, hired, and managed two interns.
• Created multiple visual mock-up designs, renderings, and testing for client (LOLL Designs) proposal.
• Managed research, development, communications, and partnerships with prototype manufacturers.
• Exhibit design and set-up assistance at the 2013 International Contemporary Furniture Fair, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, NY.
• Selected as Teaching Assistant for undergraduate senior level course, Metaproject 03.
• Designed Metaproject 03 output book, website, organization of 22 students, and ICFF trade show exhibit.
• Re-designed Industrial Design department logo, studio signage, and web / social media presence.
• Served as manager for Industrial Design department blog, website, and social media output.
• Managed exhibit design, graphics, and development for Design Autopsy: Alumni Work from Industrial Design.
Designed, programmed and managed several artist portfolios.
• Dennis Oppenheim, Sculptor: outdoor commissions website, dennisoppenheim.org.
• Owen Morrel, Sculptor: portfolio website, owenmorrel.com.
• Alma Phipps, Art Director: portfolio website, almaphipps.com.
• Deborah Friedson, Fine Artist: portfolio website, elephantheart.net.
• John Tuton, Furniture Designer: portfolio website, naturalfurniture.net.
• Snuggie Toy, Inc.: Photography for sell sheets and website design.
• Developed complete SMG identity system: logo, web site, stationery set, in-house staff materials.
• Designed marketing materials including, sell sheets, micro sites, mailings/postcards, and web blasts.
• Created magazines: Phlare Magazine, and Doing Business In Philadelphia including all logos, websites, Google AdWords / Analytics, print design and production.
• Designed new banner signage system for Career Services office.
• Designed credentials system forms, icons, and work flow.
• Maintained database of student credentials (letters of recommendation).
• Updated logos for e-commerce web sites.
• Created analytical and statistical data for card sorting test on Design Standards.
• Provided scenario design, updates and correction management for IBM.com website.
• Programmed and updated RSS feeds and podcasts.
• Created logo for IBM.com Corporate Webmasters.
• Designed station identity, logo, forms, on-air graphics, and promotional materials.
• Managed team of graphic and public relations interns.