- + Follow
Innovative Industrial Designer
Innovative and creative industrial designer with broad experience ranging from high-end consumer electronics to medical equipment. Skilled in all aspects of the product development process including research, ideation, sketching and rendering, CAD modeling, and a wide range of manufacturing techniques. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal effectively with domestic and foreign vendors, sub-contractors, and manufacturers.
April 2006 - October 2006
Amuneal Manufacturing Corporation
Responsible for the management of a multi-million dollar high end retail fabrication project for Martin + Osa. Closely coordinated the work of multiple subcontractors and Amuneal’s manufacturing team. Handled communication and coordination between Amuneal, client, architect, and site supervisor. Planned project timelines and ensured adherence to schedule by all parties. Coordinated the work of the engineering team to ensure timely progress.
April 2005 – April 2006
Tinton Falls, NJ
Directed the designs of mobile electronics and soft goods for a major licensee of Wenger - Makers of the Genuine Swiss Army Knife. Directly managed the company’s team of designers and artists. Created products currently sold at Best Buy, Staples, Circuit City, OfficeMax, and other major retailers. Closely supervised the consulting work of a world-famous design firm. Regularly interfaced with overseas vendors and manufacturers.
July 2002 – April 2004
Electric Mobility Corporation
Senior Industrial Designer
Directed all industrial design efforts for a thirty year old $125 million dollar manufacturer of mobility aids. Responsible for maintaining user advocacy from ideation through inception. Managed outside vendors and internal resources. Worked closely with marketing, sales, engineering and overseas vendors to develop new products and revisions to existing products. Assisted in the implementation of market research, focus groups, and user testing. First full time designer in the Company’s history.
May 2001 – July 2002
Kube Audio, Inc
Chief Design Consultant
Worked in a consultant capacity for a high-end home audio startup company. Responsible for all design related activities for the company including design and development of current and future product lines from initial ideation to manufacturing. Directed corporate identity, branding, and website development efforts. Assisted in the strategic development and implementation of national marketing and advertising campaigns.
May 2001 – May 2002
Developed highly accurate premium automotive die-cast replicas for clients such as Mercedes, Exoto, and The Danbury Mint. Traveled extensively throughout the United States and Germany to photograph and digitize rare and exotic automobiles. Designed hard plastic toys for Mattel, including current Rescue Vehicle product line. Assisted in development of various Hasbro and K'nex projects.
1997 – 2001
Bachelor’s of Science in Industrial Design
• Experienced dealing with clients and vendors in both Europe and Asia
• Analyze user and market trends for research and presentation
• Develop original designs based on program requirements, technological constraints, and manufacturing limits
• Ideation and communication through rapid sketching
• Develop, manipulate, and revise designs in a variety of CAD programs, including Solidworks, Inventor and Rhino3d
• Create physical models using hand and power tools
• Develop engineering prototypes using a variety of traditional and rapid prototyping technologies
• U.S. and international Patent(s) Pending
• Completed Level I Rhino3d training
• Completed Level II Solidworks training
• Recognized by the Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association for excellence in design
• Philadelphia University Alumni of the Month
• Member, Industrial Designer's Society of America
• Former member, Color Marketing Group