- + Follow
Senior Designer - Men's & Women's Heritage Collections
New York, NY
New York, NY
Cross-platform designer creating Men's and Women's heritage collections with categories including denim & non-denim bottoms, woven shirtings, knitwear, swimwear and outwear. Highly successful in managing the entire life cycle from color, concept, design, art direction, to production.
NIKE Men's Project FW 2014
Canyon River Blues - Concept SP12
WWD Press - Gloria Vanderbilt SP07
- Conceptualize, design and build brand identity for a contemporary menswear collection for a major national retailer.
- Spearhead the color and art direction, and designs for wovens, knits and bottoms categories.
- Lead technical design aspects of garment construction through fit sessions and partner with cross functional peers to oversee garments development.
- Establish concept and brand identity for a Women's Contemporary Resort Collection.
- Create sketches, tech packs and fit analysis for woven bottoms, shirtings, and dresses.
- Designed & developed men's non-denim bottoms and sportcoats for Fall 2014 collection.
- Conceptualized and established key silhouettes, fabrications & menswear patterns for Fall 2014 season.
- Partnered with cross functional teams to execute seasonal development.
- Developed color, sketches, and tech packs for Simply Vera denim and woven dresses.
Lead Designer of woven shirtings & bottoms for two men's denim brands in two department stores.
- Created art direction, concept, & package development for a 30-50cc capsule.
- Led all technical design aspects: ie. styling, specs, fittings, etc.
- Managed the entire life cycle from concept to production.
- Presented categories to DVP, Director & merchandising teams with unprecedented acclaim yielding 15% growth in adoption ratio seasonally.
Lead Designer for a contemporary casual denim collection. Categories included denim, woven tops & bottoms, knits & sweaters.
- Led branding, creative & art direction for a 40-60 piece collection.
- Established a core knits & denim programs that yielded $1M+ in revenue.
- Oversaw complete life cycle of collection from concept to production.
- Managed Associate designer & CAD designer.
Associate Designer for junior contemporary casual denim brand. Categories included denim & woven bottoms, and jackets.
- Created brand identity and oversaw denim development for 40 piece category.
- Led color, concept and art direction for entire collection that consistently yielded 75% adoption ratio.
- Managed wash & dry process development of entire denim category.
- Developed all brand packaging and logo hardware & coordinated development with overseas offices.
Assistant Designer to the design team of a premium denim collection. Categories included denim & woven bottoms and denim and woven jackets.
- Provided support to Senior designer in all stages of the life cycle of 60 piece collection - promoted under 12 months.
- Coached on dry process & wash development of all premium denim pieces.
- Developed fabric, trims, technical packages and sketched designs.
- Set show rooms for market week and established partnerships with merchandisers and vendors.
Assisted senior designer and product development team in all aspects of woven tops and bottoms collection.
- Created concept boards, palettes, and graphic/embroidery concepts.
- Created palettes, technical packages, and linesheets for global distribution.
- Organized and set show rooms for market week.
Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Fashion Illustration & Patternmaking