- + Follow
Director of Product Engineering at Gar Products
I build chairs at work then go home and build more chairs.
Coffee Shop Concept
High quality chair manufacturer providing seating for hospitality and restaurant industry. Client list including Marriott, Pret A Manger, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Red Robin and PF Chang's.
- Provide concept drawings, renderings and production quality sample chairs for clients based on their specifications.
- Create manufacturing quality drawings for both overseas factories or in house production.
- Manage, set up production run machining and schedule custom carpentry department, orders ranging from 12-75 pieces.
Provide high quality prototypes mainly in the product design field. Capabilities include machining, fabrication, sculpting, painting, molds and castings, 3D modeling.
- Design and accurately build or modify 3D models from existing 2D information for product design firms, engineering companies and independent inventors.
- Manage model building from initial drawings to finished painting, providing detailed drawings, color maps and specifications to machinists and fabricators.
- Prepare electronic files to be CNC machined, rapid prototyped or hand fabricated by processing files, creating fixtures and generating dimensioned drawings.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and manage outside SLA, silk screening, graphic transfers and sheet metal purchasing.
- Responsible for opening and closing store several days a week
- Guide customers to ideal selection based on their specific needs while maintaining a friendly shopping environment
- Designate jobs to co-workers and oversee execution of specific tasks
- Aid students in fabrication through suggesting specific materials and processes or demonstrating proper techniques
- Maintain shop power tools; occasionally required to fabricate custom parts to modify existing machinery
- Ensure safety of students while maintaining quality of workspace