- + Follow
Director of Product Engineering at Gar Products
You have to love what you do.
Coffee Shop Concept
High quality chair manufacturer providing seating for hospitality and restaurant industry. Client list including Marriott, Pret A Manger, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Red Robin and PF Chang's.
- Provide concept drawings, renderings, production drawings and production quality sample chairs for clients based on their specifications.
- Review samples and production parts from overseas and domestic factories or in house production quality control.
- Manage, set up production run machining and schedule custom carpentry department, orders ranging from 12-75 pieces.
Provide high quality prototypes mainly in the product design field. Capabilities include machining, fabrication, sculpting, painting, molds and castings, 3D modeling.
- Design and accurately build or modify 3D models from existing 2D information for product design firms, engineering companies and independent inventors.
- Manage model building from initial drawings to finished painting, providing detailed drawings, color maps and specifications to machinists and fabricators.
- Prepare electronic files to be CNC machined, rapid prototyped or hand fabricated by processing files, creating fixtures and generating dimensioned drawings.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and manage outside SLA, silk screening, graphic transfers and sheet metal purchasing.
- Responsible for opening and closing store several days a week
- Guide customers to ideal selection based on their specific needs while maintaining a friendly shopping environment
- Designate jobs to co-workers and oversee execution of specific tasks
- Aid students in fabrication through suggesting specific materials and processes or demonstrating proper techniques
- Maintain shop power tools; occasionally required to fabricate custom parts to modify existing machinery
- Ensure safety of students while maintaining quality of workspace