- + Follow
Ahead-Of-The-Curve Creative Director: Licensing, Private Lab...
Expertise in Private Label Brand Architecture... CPG Shopper Marketing... Strategic Development...
Creative Direction... Identity... Licensing & Entertainment... Product Innovation... New Business Development... Retail Solutions... Experiential O-O-H Event Marketing... Online... QSR/Casual Dining... Menu Engineering.
Private Label Branding
FREELANCE CREATIVE DIRECTOR, DALLAS, TX – 2012 to Present
(Private Label Branding, Shopper Marketing, Licensed Promotions, Retail Creative Direction for clients and ad agencies). Responsibilities: creative and strategic direction, POP/POS, client interaction, branding, identity, product innovation, budgeting, licensing selection, seasonal program development, print, online, social media and menu engineering for T.G.I. Fridays International, ZALES, DiVineCUTS, Leonetti’s Foods, Tony Luke’s, and Car Freshner Corp. Sessions Sunscreen.
SHERWOOD BRANDS, Providence, RI - 2010 to 2012 - VP, Creative Director, Branding & Product Innovation
(Private Label Branding and Shopper Marketing consumer goods products and packaging for national retailers)
Responsibilities: creative team mentoring/management, strategic direction, client interaction, creative direction, new business development, branding and product innovation, cost analysis, global sourcing, budgeting, licensing selection, seasonal program development, shopper marketing, private label, involved in all aspects of day-to-day business function and operations.
• Lead creative on seasonal private label brand programs for retail accounts: Walmart, Target, Kmart, CVS, Walgreen’s, Rite-Aid, Big Lots, Sam’s Club.
• Product innovation and strategic development of licensed programs for Hasbro, MARVEL, Crayola, Jim Beam, DreamWorks, Warner Bros., Mrs. Field’s and Build-A-Bear Workshop.
• Increased overall company sales by 12% with new business development initiatives.
• Increased sell-in of seasonal lines to Walmart for 2011 for Halloween, Easter and Christmas retail programs:
- JIM BEAM: “Ultimate Griller” BBQ Sauce & accessories gift sets, 98% sell-thru: 230,000 units
- CRAYOLA: Glow-In-The-Dark, Pumpkin Decorating activity kits: 3 SKUs
- HASBRO: NERF Travel Games, Transformers 3D Edible Paper Action Figures and Magic Cubes
ATOMICA, Philadelphia, PA - 2006 to 2010 - Creative Director
(Shopper Marketing consumer goods products and packaging for leading names in the food and confections industries). Responsibilities: creative team management, strategic direction, client interaction, creative direction, new business development, branding innovation, licensing, seasonal program development, shopper marketing, private label.
• Created and managed Instant WIN Sweepstakes for Barton’s Candy in 2008 with licensed promotion tie-in (Monopoly) at retail on-pack and online; Increased sales by 11%.
• Boosted OTC Pharma brands expertise with Pfizer brands (Zantac and Purell). Oversaw shopper marketing, creative direction, and strategic development of integrated, cross-platform program for NASCAR promotion partnership (retail in-store activation of POP/POS, displays, national FSI’s, coupons, print ads, contest website/Banners). Increased sales by 8%.
• Expanded promotions with brand-specific, shopper marketing expertise to Campbell’s Soup, Barton’s Chocolate, Elmer’s Glue, Kimberly-Clarke, DIRECTV, Owens Corning, Sherwin Williams, Sunoco, Blue Diamond Almonds and Cyclo Automotive Products.
• Additional clients include: Chick-Fil-A, ADT, Bacardi, GE, John Deere, George Weston Bakeries: Arnold Breads, Sonia Kashuk/Target, Duane Reade Pharmacies.
MARS ADVERTISING, Detroit, MI - 2003 to 2005 - Creative Director
(full-service advertising agency credited as a pioneer in the account-specific Shopper Marketing) Responsibilities: creative team mentoring/management, strategic direction, client interaction, creative direction, new business development, experiential marketing, shopper marketing innovation, licensing selection.
• Created, guided and executed Levi Strauss Signature Jeans account-specific brand launch at Walmart through experiential mobile marketing initiative: “The Fit Pit Challenge”, an interactive, consumer education program. Chose NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson. Sales exceeded client expectations by 17%.
• Led entertainment category creative positioning with Hollywood-based studios (DreamWorks SKG, SONY, Fox, Paramount Pictures, NBC Universal) for in-store activation of experiential marketing initiatives of “Retailtainment” events. Resulted in ROI retail partnership with Dr Pepper for Spider-Man 2 movie 2004.
• Orchestrated all aspects of licensed Spiderman 2 promotional partnering tie-ins with Dr Pepper at Albertson’s, Safeway, Kroger’s, and other national food chains. Increased sales by 21%.
• Increased brand-specific expertise with Cadbury Schweppes American Beverages (Dr Pepper 7 UP), Proctor & Gamble Pet Foods: IAMS and Eukanuba; ConAgra Foods, Fiji Water, GSK, Ghirardelli Chocolates, Harman Kardon, Heinz, LA-Z-BOY, Little Caesars, BRITA, Nestlé, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, and The WNBA.
POP!, Toronto, ON, Canada - 1997 to 2003 Creative Director/Partner
Responsibilities: creative team mentoring/management, strategic direction, day-to-day client interaction, creative direction, new business development, branding and product innovation, cost analysis, budgeting, global sourcing, licensing selection, seasonal program development, shopper marketing, private label, experiential marketing, mentoring staff, involved in all aspects of day-to-day business function and operations, ran out-of-state satellite office,
placed staff on-site with client.
• Created a proprietary, retail in-store, multi-tasking, POS system for Dannon Waters of North America’s new brand launch, which allowed POS materials to retrofit to any store category size (big box to C-stores) and be re-purposed in numerous situations (on-shelf, wall, floor, window, end cap).
• Launched CPG/shopper marketing industry-specific monthly publication Sales Promo News to promote new retail in-store recommendations and trends for clients; supported by supplier advertising.
• Increased brand-specific expertise with Burger King, Campbell’s Soup, Clairol, Danon Waters North America (Evian, Dannon Water, Ferrarelle, LU Cookies, Volvic), Duracell, Elastoplast, Hormel Foods, KFC, Kodak, Kraft Foods, Nestlé, Pepsi, Second Cup and Pillsbury Bakeries.
• Built company to 25 team member employees and billings of $3 million.
Art Institute of Pittsburgh
- Associate's Degree Visual Communication
- 1981 - 1983
Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA - Associate’s Degree in Visual Communication