- + Follow
Designer, Illustrator, Retoucher, Packaging, POP, Art direct...
Scotch Plains, NJ
Scotch Plains, NJ
A versatile, articulate, personable designer in consumer, pharmaceutical, financial, educational and general marketing. Collaborative on concept/branding then managing project through desired deliverable.
Photoshop expert - exceptional digital illustration, retouching, layout, and typography. Enthusiastic, on trend, timely, diligent, and team oriented.
Presentation specialist in PowerPoint, Keynote, data visualization, info graphics and complex Excel graphing
A supportive Photoshop and QuarkXPress instructor and mentor.
Pharma and Healthcare
April 2013 – Present East Hanover, NJ
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world’s largest snacks companies, with global net revenues of $35 billion in 2012. They are the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category and every region of the world. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum and Coffee.
Design artwork to present brands and message to the customer/consumer directly related to POS
displays and In-store presence in a consistent and creative manner within very short lead-times
• Liaison with brand managers, legal, and promotions on design and alignment to brand objectives, expectations and align with current campaigns
• Design for Point of Purchase and Prepackaged Displays, End Cap Wings, Packaging, 3D Renderings, coupons and advertising
• Manage from concept to final die line art submission to vendors
• Work with agencies of record to supply them with up to date brand artwork, logos, die lines, brochures, creative explorations.
• Graphics and packaging design and color management of Litho 4 color and Flexo 1-4 color
• Trouble shoot die line submissions and vendor color proofing.
• Obtain legal and regulatory approval
• Upload rush display requests via FTP to vendor server
• Understanding of Printing process and technologies (substrates, inks, materials, equipment, etc.)
• Interaction with In-Store Merchandising Managers & Specialist, Brand, Category Development, Trade Development, Packaging, Legal & Consumer Promotions Agencies, and sales force
Senior Graphic Designer, compositor, illustrator
Earthbound LLC, New York City 4/2013 – 12/2013 and presently freelance
Earthbound is a brand management, licensing and technology company who procures, manages, and places, cutting edge, patented consumer products. Helping retailers drive traffic and grow sales through innovative and meticulous brand placement and design. The firm manages licensing programs to add great value, significant brand awareness, and large-scale market penetration, to existing and emerging brands. ?
Supporting New Business proposals and new products:
• Develop artwork Illustrating proposed products, package design and branding prospective Fortune 500 clients
• With an understanding of perspective to design and transform a 2D image into 3D for the creation and interpretation of 3D Lenticular Illustration, Development, concept, and execution using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Brand development and Package Design
• Proposal Design and execution
• Research of competitive markets
• Source and work with vendors and suppliers
• Present creative documents to clients
• Revisions and reworking art for clients
Consulting / Freelance Senior Designer / Presentations / Digital Illustrator
2001, 5/03–1/04, 4/10–3/11, 6/12 to 2/13
• Project management, concept, design, and art direction for publications, corporate communications, brand support, packaging, and web
• Photoshop illustration, post production, compositing, retouching, traditional illustration, web and info-graphics
• Package design for consumer and pharmaceutical products
• Photo shoot, production, pre-press, pre-flight, print approvals, - press and vendor management
Agency: Martha Stewart | Draftfcb | Beacon Healthcare Communications | Gillespie | CommonHealth | Natrel Communications | Torre-Lazur Communications | Noble Associates | Source Communications
Pharma: Merck | Pfizer | Stryker Howmedica | Ranbaxy | Bristol-Myers Squibb
Publishing: Scholastic | Pearson Education/Prentice Hall | Troll Associates
Insurance: Atlantic Mutual Financial: Lord Abbett
Pfizer Pharmaceutical Contract –Presentation designer/illustrator 3/11-6/12
• Design, illustrate and format presentations for NDA (new drug application) to the FDA panel
• Using knowledge of clinical data and current statistical and design software to produce and illustrate graphically, data presented for US and foreign regulatory meetings
• Partner with and advise clinical and statistical team members to ensure clear representation of clinical data to regulatory bodies.
• Ensure quality control procedures, sources, and checks performed
• Familiar with a variety of pharmaceutical field concepts, practices, and procedures
Mesirow Financial - Marketing Proposals / Info graphics / Branding design
• Proposals - Design, infographics, production
• Project management, presentations, technical graphics, photo research and retouching, B2B communications, intranet postings, database input and research requests
Lazard Asset Management, New York City - Senior Graphic Designer
• Design for advertising, collateral, identity, presentations, web graphics and exhibit
• Digital Illustration, photo research, licensing and purchasing, retouching, managed shared image database
• Prepress and print management
Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ - Associate Art Director
• Project Management, Concepting, Design, Branding and Art Direction:
• Publications, books, newsletters, corporate communications, exhibit, identity, media, posters, advertising, catalogs, packaging, collateral, web graphics
• Immaculate production files, managed all phases pre-press, quality control and approvals through press run
• Creation of complex and DCS files for spot work, complications solved on client submissions of art, print management, troubleshooting
Somerset County Technical Institute Instructor (Evenings)
• Authored and instructed basic and advanced 16 week seminars in Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress, substitute in others
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Package / Graphic Designer
• Packaging and peripheral materials; designed for product launches and redesign of existing products and line extensions.
• Designed and contributed to structural package design of product.
• Corporate and Product Branding, Logos, Presentations
• Production, Prepress and print management
Supervise temporary help
Boston University, Boston Mass. - Bachelor of Fine Art
Rhode Island School of Design