- + Follow
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
I am a versatile and passionate graphic design & photography professional with over 8 years of experience in design and production, who thrives in a busy work environment with a variety of creative projects. I love to work on truly interesting, conceptual and visually appealing projects, where I can prove my ability to create an excellent artwork.
Bringing Into Reality II
Catalogs and Product Brochures
• Self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual full of character, intelligence and drive
• Ambitious, reliable, organised, thorough, personable, efficient, deadline- and detail-oriented
• Experienced in conceptual as well as production aspects of graphic design
• Having a strong understanding of design, layout, typography, scale and colour fundamentals
• Committed to learning, improving, and resolving
• In pursuit of making the world a better place
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER/PHOTOGRAPHER
10/2012 – Present
CLIENTS: ADM Promotions, CPH Consulting, TNT Magazine, Skyodd, Xuna Design.
Promotional packaging graphic design and artworking, presentation and marketing materials, such as brochures, reports and case studies; event photography, product photography and editing, etc.
SENIOR GRAPHIC ARTIST
April 2010 – August 2012
Interval International, London, UK
• Fast and smooth integration into the team and working processes
• Being praised for my thorough, fast and efficient work turnaround
• Being complimented for my creative work on direct mail pieces
• Brainstorming; researching and collecting imagery for various direct mail, promotional and editorial pieces
• Magazine (page) layout design and typesetting (in various languages)
• Image manipulation, art creation and modification
• Making corrections and modifications to files as requested; daily production and preparation of existing documents for print; creating layout comps as requested
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER/PRODUCTION ARTIST/PHOTOGRAPHER
October 2005 – January 2010
The Creative Group, Chicago, IL (Short- and long-term on-site projects.)
CLIENTS: Initiate Systems, North American Corporation, Wells Lamont Industrial, Quarasan Group, Integrated Merchandising Systems, Rand McNally, Jacobs & Clevenger, Chandler Group.
• Brainstorming, researching and collecting information and imagery for various print and web design projects.
• Designing and producing art and copy layouts for marketing materials, such as: catalogues (Purina Mills, Wells Lamont), POP signage (Home Depot), packaging & displays (Rand McNally), product logos & brochures, publication pages & covers, promotional flyers, direct mail pieces, corporate identity, print advertising and collateral/product sheets.
• Electronically building, creating and assembling various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications including data entry, type and image setting, image manipulation, art creation and modification.
• Making corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested; daily production and preparation of existing documents for print; creating layout comps, rough and presentation material as requested.
• Setting up and arranging products for photo shoots, photographing, editing, outlining and retouching images for web and high-resolution print pieces.
November 2004 – May 2005
Blue Media Consulting, Prague, Czech Republic
DUTIES: Creating print materials, such as business cards, calendars, flyers, posters, postcards, brochures and other promotional pieces; taking part in the development of packaging design for Dermacol cosmetic products; photographing various objects and editing the photos; preparing mock-ups; handling and prioritising multiple projects; communicating with clients.
• DePaul University, Chicago, BA (with Honors) in Graphic Design, 2000–2004
• Steinmetz Academic Center, Chicago, 1998 –2000
• Business Academy, Slovakia, 1996 –1998
• Mac & Windows operating systems
• Applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Fireworks, QuarkXPress, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Suitcase, Stuffit; basic knowledge of Flash, HTML, CSS and XML
• Experienced in print preparation and production using PMS and four-color processing
Photography, photo manipulation, drawing, painting, languages (native Slovak, fluent English, conversational Czech and Polish, intermediate French, basic Spanish and Ukrainian), copywriting, traveling, movies, music, fashion & make up.
DePaul University - BA in Graphic Design 2004