- + Follow
New York, NY
New York, NY
Marco Lafiandra was born in Bari, Italy, in 1983. He earned a Bachelors and a Masters degree in Industrial Design at La Sapienza, University of Rome, spending the last year of his Masters at the Univesitat Politechnica de Valencia, Spain. He broadened his experience attending a specialization course of Outdoor Design at Politecnico di Milano. During his studies, he developed a multidisciplinary approach encompassing graphic design, photography, architecture and interior design. Since 2011, he lives in NYC where he works for DDC (Domus Design Collection), one of the leading showrooms of contemporary furniture in North America. As a designer and project manager at DDC DESIGNPOST, Marco collaborates with many important companies, such as Zanotta, Vitra, Paola Lenti, Roda, Glass Italia, Arflex, Venini and many others. Marco is design and detail oriented, focusing on his personal vision and constantly developing new collaborations. He applies his experience to create a unique process, starting with painstaking research, a synthesis of collected ideas and a good measure of heart. "Design as a form of communication must transmit a clear concept that allows a high level of satisfaction, not just functional but also emotional. I don't try to change minds I attempt to enlarge their view"
• Determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, purpose and function.
• Advise clients in terms of space planning, layout, furnishings and color.
• Formulate overall space plan to be practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
• Estimate material requirements and costs.
• Coordinate with business partners, such as Italian manufacturing companies, and with other professionals involved with the project, such as architecture firms, developers and contractors.
• Render rough and detailed designs for residential and commercial properties.
• Prepare sketches and draw-to-scale recommendations.
• Design custom furniture when needed for the project.
• Supervise the showroom design of DDC at 136 Madison Avenue/181 Madison Avenue, NY, and L.A.
• Prepare the display, space design and styling in coordination with companies such as Vitra, Zanotta, Baxter, Missoni, Paola Lenti and GAN in our 181 Madison Avenue, NY, showroom
• Coordinate the merchandising of the showrooms, according to the will of the Art Director
• Project and curate display and layout of temporary exhibition spaces, such as fairs, special exhibits, or photographic sets.
• Coordinate the renovation work held at 181 Madison Avenue showroom, as a architectural consultant/interior architect for the display space design of Baxter, Vitra, and Zanotta in 2013, Paola Lenti and DDC DESIGNPOST office in 2014
• Design and direct artwork exhibits at the showroom, in terms of selection of the artwork to display and installation of it in the exhibition space
• Showroom lighting direction for new displays and events.
• Advertising strategy, styling for photo shoots, ad campagin conceptualization