- + Follow
New York, NY
New York, NY
Marco Lafiandra was born in Bari in 1983. He obtained a master degree in Industrial Design in 2009 at the University of Rome "La Sapienza". During his last year of studies he also attended the Universitat Politechnica de Valencia and the Consortium of Politecnico di Milano. He currently lives and works in New York as a designer. Through his years of studying he deepened his interests through a number of parallel experiences in the field of photography and design. He applies his experience to create a unique process. Starting with painstaking research, a synthesis of collected ideas and a good measure of heart.
• Determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, purpose and function.
• Advise clients in terms of space planning, layout, furnishings and color.
• Formulate overall space plan to be practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
• Estimate material requirements and costs.
• Coordinate with business partners, such as Italian manufacturing companies, and with other professionals involved with the project, such as architecture firms, developers and contractors.
• Render rough and detailed designs for residential and commercial properties.
• Prepare sketches and draw-to-scale recommendations.
• Design custom furniture when needed for the project.
• Supervise the showroom design of DDC at 136 Madison Avenue/181 Madison Avenue, NY, and L.A.
• Prepare the display, space design and styling in coordination with companies such as Vitra, Zanotta, Baxter, Missoni, Paola Lenti and GAN in our 181 Madison Avenue, NY, showroom
• Coordinate the merchandising of the showrooms, according to the will of the Art Director
• Project and curate display and layout of temporary exhibition spaces, such as fairs, special exhibits, or photographic sets.
• Coordinate the renovation work held at 181 Madison Avenue showroom, as a architectural consultant/interior architect for the display space design of Baxter, Vitra, and Zanotta in 2013, Paola Lenti and DDC DESIGNPOST office in 2014
• Design and direct artwork exhibits at the showroom, in terms of selection of the artwork to display and installation of it in the exhibition space
• Showroom lighting direction for new displays and events.
• Advertising strategy, styling for photo shoots, ad campagin conceptualization