- + Follow
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Fine Art Fabrication BR
Fine Art Fabrication CoCL
Fine Art Fabrication Bwl/Eggs
Martin W. Bottjer
Sculpture, Fabrication, 3-D Design & Modeling
• Sculptor/Fabricator/3-D Modeler Martin Bottjer Sculpture (Sunland, CA) 2010-present
Sculpture, assembly, and fine finish innovation to meet the highest standards across multiple industries.
High quality 3-D polygonal mesh modeling in Maya.
Selected clients: Jeff Koons and Handmade LLC
• Sculptor/Fabricator Carlson and Co. (San Fernando, CA) 2005-2010
Developed and implemented innovative solutions for the sculpting, fine finishing and assembly of artwork to the exacting specifications of internationally recognized artists.
Artists include: Jeff Koons, Mike Kelly, Paul McCarthy, and Jim Isserman
• Designer/Sculptor Images in Motion Media Inc. (Sonoma, CA) 1999- 2001
Sculpted characters for film and video production and prototypes for the toy and gift industries.
Selected clients: Pixar, Leapfrog Toys, San Francisco Music Box
• Designer/Sculptor/Model Maker Anaglyph Sculpture Inc. (Sebastopol, CA) 1986-1998
Sculpted and designed characters and product prototypes for toy, gift and promotional industries.
Selected clients: Mattel, Playmates Toys, McDonald’s
• Sculptor/Fabricator James Russell Sculpture Inc. (Redondo Beach, CA) 1984-1987
Created monumental stainless steel sculpture for public spaces and private collections.
Skills + Production
· Extensive experience in sculpting with clay, wax and plaster. Model construction using various
plastics, wood and foam. Mold making and casting.
· Proficient with many shop tools including milling machines and lathes.
· Highly skilled in fine detail work and finishing in metal, plastic and other materials.
· Experience with the manufacture of rotationally molded polyethylene parts.
· Experience with unique metal and plastic fabrication techniques.
Digital (mac + pc)
Maya, Mudbox, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
Solidworks and various rapid prototyping applications
Art Center College of Design (Pasadena CA)
Bachelor of Science - Environmental Design Sept.2001- Dec.2004
Art Center College of Design