- + Follow
Junior Architect / Designer
Recent Graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design's Masters of
Architecture program seeking design and employment opportunities.
2007-2008 Professional Internship
Zhong Shan Lu Athletic Center
LEED AP 262.391.4878
82 Fairview Ave., Apt. 8 firstname.lastname@example.org
Westwood, NJ 07675 www.coroflot.com/matthewelson
Seeking to contribute to a diverse architecture & design firm where I can utilize my architectural training & experience while preparing to take the Architectural Registration Examination.
Rhode Island School of Design, Master of Architecture
• Student Assistantship, Assisted in design, fabrication and installation of interior display system for Rhode Island School of Design Architecture Accreditation
• AIA Medal for Academic and Design Excellence Nominee,
College of William and Mary, Bachelor degree in Art, Minor degree in Physics
• Men’s Gymnastics NCAA Championships All-Around competitor
• USAG Collegiate All-American, First Team Academic All-American
2009, AP, LEED for New Construction, USGBC
2008, Member of Intern Development Program, NCARB
2009-Present, Junior Architect/Designer, Studio 5 Partnership, Glen Rock, NJ
• Preparation of design and construction documents for commercial, governmental, religious, and residential clients, 3D modeling, photorealistic rendering, As-Built survey and documentation.
• Core & Shell construction documents for Westchester’s Ridge Hill project, (developed by Forest City)
• Experience with rigorous CAD Standard system under the Port Authority of NY & NJ.
• Building systems coordination with engineers and consultants.
• Produced commercial leasing plans for existing retail spaces.
2008-2009, Design Team Member, School for Sichuan Province, China
• Member of Student/Faculty design-team developing a master plan for Namba Elementary School after the 2008 Sichuan Province earthquake.
• Planning, Conceptual and Seismic Resistant Schematic Design
2007, 2008, Summer Intern, Lilley Dadagian Architects, Lexington, MA
• CAD Drawings for Schematic Design and Design Development phases
• Experience in design development, construction documents, as-built documentation, and 3D modeling for residential and institutional clients.
2005, Job Shadow, Elm Grove Zoning and Planning Administration, Elm Grove, WI
• Observed building committees and meetings with Zoning and Planning Administrators
1999, CAD Operator, Wright Designs, New Berlin, WI
• Executed alterations to CAD drawings for residential projects.
• AutoCAD 2010
• SketchUp 8
• Adobe Acrobat
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Outlook
• DSLR Photography
• Hand Sketching
Rhode Island School of Design
2009, LEED-NC, US Green Building Council
AIA Medal for Academic and Design Excellence Nominee,
2009, Rhode Island School of Design