- + Follow
Creative, Technical, Logical.
Caterpillar FH110 Operator's View Rendering
Bottle Bars Logo Design
Full Moon Harvest Label
Caterpillar Global Mining, LLC 01/09 - Present
Technical Illustrator/Author - Room & Pillar Training Development
• Develop storyboards and gathers information and assets required for content development.
• Interface with engineers and product specialists to gain a better understanding of the product.
• Assembles training materials into templates and assists in layout design and functionality.
• Create 3D exploded views of products to clearly illustrate part and assembly relations.
• Performs quality checks of training courses and presentations.
• Delegate tasks to training development team.
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including
mutually agreed upon objectives.
• Developed user interface and icons for Caterpillar ’s new generation of underground control systems.
• Created an image resource containing 3D renderings of all Room & Pillar machinery.
• Launched an initiative that replaced printed student materials with USB thumb drives containing the class
room materials for on demand printing, saving the Training Development group $53,000 annually.
• Improved work flow for Technical Publications team by utilizing Adobe Illustrator for editing all 2D drawings.
• Served as training liaison for SAP Visual Enterprise Author and maintained Visual Enterprise Generator
MJM Architects 06/08 - 11/08
Nashville,TN - Pittsburgh, PA
• Created architectural drawings for Dick’s Sporting Goods stores including architectural renderings, sign packages, and aerial views of the proposed site.
• Aided in the development of specialized stores for the California market.
• Rendered Dick’s Sporting Goods stores to match the architectural theme of shopping center, and insured that the aesthetic of the store is within the scope of Dick’s Sporting Goods brand identity.
• Assisted in the management of th 7.0 and 8.0 protoype store designs.
Pittsburgh's Sports Sauce - 2006
Designed promotional materials such as point of purchase displays as well as display panels which are used at conventions across the country.
Desbrow Ad Agency - 2006
Product conceptualization, quick sketching, hand / computer rendering and model making / fabrication. Experience with shop machinery including milling machines, CNC lathes, Modela routers, 3D scanners, and rapid prototyping techniques.
• Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, InDesign & Captivate
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Publisher
• SAP Visual Enterprise Author
• PTC Pro ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 (CREO)
• Google SketchUp
• Autodesk AutoCAD 2010
• 3DS Max
Qualified Diesel Instructor (West Virginia)
Introduction to Mining - MSHA Academy