A future MVP of your design team, seeks employer who strives for innovation, creativity, and quality. Searching for full-time employment, and willing to relocate.
-Ability to create clear and effective sketches, study models, marker renderings
-Will produce informative and detailed computer renderings
-Possesses a passion for constructing intricate and functional 3D models/prototypes.
Matthew A. Mitchell
(215) 432-8682 - firstname.lastname@example.org
"with a lifelong goal to provide innovative and creative design solutions"
As a passionate and progressive designer who is always looking ahead, I am dedicated to achieving the highest quality of work and customer satisfaction. I'm a modern thinker who possesses a great work ethic, a variety of skills, and unique problem-solving capabilities. Having thrived in both individual and team-oriented environments, I am ready and eager to tackle any challenge that lies ahead. Currently I am seeking a design and/or fabrication position within an organization that encourages forward thinking, uses modern technologies, and strives towards the success of both the company and its’ individuals.
- Product Design - Upholstery
- Thorough and Detailed - Architecture
- Graphic Design - Interior Design
- Punctual and Reliable - Mechanical Abilities
- Organized and Professional
Accurate Auto Tops, Newtown Square, PA Apr. 08' – Feb. 11'
* Installer of both pre-fabricated and custom-fabricated interiors and convertible tops for an established automotive upholstery facility
* Performed well under tight deadlines without sacrificing overall quality
* Strong ability to execute numerous duties simultaneously
* Played a key role in the success and stability of both the team and overall business
Convertibles Only, Seattle, WA Apr. 04' – Mar. 08'
Manager/ Upholstery Technician
* Responsible for both individual and team productivity within an expanding automotive upholstery shop
* Provided direction and mentoring for fellow co-workers while completing my own workload
* Maintained shop equipment, kept track of inventory, placed material and supply orders
* Created a new brand and business image, including designing a new logo and various advertisement and marketing documents
* Attended numerous promotional events and shows on my own time to help promote future business and customer relationships
Self-Employed, Philadelphia, PA May 03' – Mar. 08'
Freelance Graphic Designer
* Sole graphic designer for numerous local businesses
* Designed professional quality logos, business cards, and advertising documents
* Familiarity with design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Rhino 3D.
* Used the latest trends and technology to help small businesses promote their company while providing sound advice.
Duzeo Product Design, Bala Cynwyd, PA Dec. 02' – May 03'
Product Design Intern
* Developed a new design concept for Duzeo Product Design, a renowned local design firm
* Produced numerous sketches, illustrations, and controlled renderings using various computer design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino 3D, Solidworks, and Ashlar Vellum.
* Researched user trends, target markets, and production techniques to further enhance the products’ success and usability.
* Constructed a wide range of sketch models, functional mock-ups, as well as a detailed appearance prototype which is currently on display at the Philadelphia University Design Showroom.
* Enhanced both my sketching and product development skills all while gathering an in-depth education of how an idea is developed from concept to production.
Philadelphia University Industrial Design Department, Philadelphia, PA Sept. 02' – May 03'
Fabrication Shop Adviser
* Serviced and maintained a wide variety of woodworking and metal fabrication machines
* Provided assistance and direction to fellow students in order to sustain a high level of craftsmanship and safety.
* Fabricated numerous displays and exhibits for both the faculty's personal use and the design facility to further enhance the program’s image
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA Graduated: 2003
* Bachelor's Degree in Product Design
* 24+ credits in Architecture and Interior Design courses
Souderton Area High School, Souderton, PA Graduated: 1998
* Advanced Math and English courses
* GPA: 4.12
Include remodeling my home, golf, spending time with family and friends, automotive customization, as well as seeking new experiences and opportunities to add to my skill set.
Available Upon Request