- + Follow
Freelance Apparel Graphic Designer / Illustrator at Neil Bee...
London, United Kingdom
• Designing Commercial graphics for apparel in all areas, Menswear, Ladieswear, Childrenswear, Accessories.
• Creating fine art and illustrative pieces of work.
• Graphic Trend and Market research.
Freelance Apparel Graphic Designer / Illustrator
- Neil Beech Design
- Jul 2012 - Present (1 year 5 months)
Senior Designer / Art Production Manager
- Saltrock Surfwear Limited
- Jan 2004 - Sep 2012 (8 years 8 months)
• Apparel Graphic / Garment Design.
• Website Graphic / Layout design.
• Advertising / Catalogue / Newsletter / Poster Design.
• POS Design
• Art Directing lifestyle photoshoots,
• Management of in-house and freelance designers and Illustrators.
• Handling a budget in excess of £1m.
•Store concept planning and design.
Creative responsibility for all aspects of design from garment through to trims, accessories and hardware including styles, graphics and colour selection. Full range of garments for Men, Ladies, Boys, Girls and Toddlers. In the hardware range, the products include skateboards, surfboards, skimboards and the accessories range includes luggage, headwear, wallets, belts, scarves.
Creating artwork tech packs for far eastern manufactures and suppliers. Seeing all work through from original conception to production and completion. Approving and amending lab dips, strike offs, fitting samples and pre-production samples as well as fabric selections and all packaging for the products.
An integral part of this position is to make periodic trips to the far eastern manufacturers for liaison with manufacturing staff and audit their processes and progress with the set tasks.
Apparel Graphic Designer
- Headworx Limited
- Jan 2002 - Jan 2004 (2 years)
Solely responsible for designing menswear and apparel graphics for this International surf, skate and snowboarding company. Managing ranges from conception to completion.
Reason for leaving: recruited to work for Saltrock Surfwear Limited.
- Predator Publishing Limited
- Jan 2000 - Jan 2002 (2 years)
Responsible for designing for a 146 page monthly magazine, circulation 25,000 (abc figure), subject films, current and future DVD releases. Also recruited to contribute creative editorial items.
Reason for leaving: Lack of promotional prospects and creativity.
- Drew Peters
- Jan 1998 - Jan 2000 (2 years)
Drew Peters Design and Marketing Consultancy, Maidencombe, Torquay, Devon.
Responsible for designing wholesale food brochures, editing and manipulating photography, Running lithographical film and creating match prints.
Reason for leaving: Lack of scope for creativity.
- GNVQ Adv Art & Design
- 1995 - 1997
Art and Design: Course content included Fine art, Illustration, Graphic Design, Printing - Etching, Lino, Silk screen; Photography and pottery.
Cuthbert Mayne Secondary School
- 1990 - 1995
Art, CDT, English Literature, English Language, Double Science, History Mathematics, German, Religious Studies