- + Follow
Apparel Graphics, Textile Design, Surface Design, Illustrati...
I am passionate about being a fashion professional! With 10+ years experience in creating apparel graphics and fashion designs, I have a broad range of skills from textile design, t-shirt graphics and illustration to 2D motion graphics and fine art. I have created graphics and surface designs for companies from BCBG Max Azria to the NHL and Wal-Mart. My specialty is taking my own watercolor paintings and turning them into textile prints and surface designs. I also love typography and trend research. i have experience working both onsite and remotely.
BCBG Max Azria Textile Designs
Suite No. 237 Lookbook
Suite No 237 Lingerie Branding Packaging and Technical Illustrations
Deadline-driven, personable apparel graphic design, textile design & illustration professional with expertise in the following:
- Apparel Graphic Design
- Textile Design
- Tee Shirt Graphic Design
- Freehand Illustration and Rendering
- Catalog Concept and Creation
- Fashion Design & Illustration
- Branding & Merchandising
- Trend & Color Research
- Fabric Development
- 2D Motion Graphics
- Green Screen Keying
- After Effects
Freelance Designer - 2/99 - Present
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
- West Coast Novelty
- National Hockey League (NHL)
- Major League Baseball (MLB)
- Sharp Pixel
- Eddie Bauer
- ONI Productions
- Persistence of Vision Films
- No Slack Productions
- Concord Studios
- Persik Productions
Fashion Designer/Textile Designer/Fashion Designer & Illustrator/Costume Designer
Created apparel graphics and fabric surface designs for various companies in Southern and Northern California and Seattle and Dubai as well as costume design for the film industry.
- Designed 2011 USA regional tee-shirt graphics for women, juniors, girls, men, boys and infants for Wal-Mart program for West Coast Novelty, completed series of hats using licensed artwork for NHL and MLB, using Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Created look book (catalog) including concept, layout, photo-editing/retouching; all technical/flat
sketches using InDesign; invitations and other marketing collateral for Suite No. 237 deluxe lingerie.
- Created best-selling textile designs in Illustrator for StarBlu in Dubai for boys’ and men’s swim
shorts, sold on StarBlu.com worldwide.
Freelance Fabric and Color Developer - 1/11- 4/13
Recreational Equipment Incorporated (REI)
Cutter & Buck
Worked with brand designer to establish color/fabric on a seasonal basis, followed up on lab dips, reviewed and approved/rejected color; trouble-shooting color issues such as color fastness and color correction.
- Completed fabric price forecasting report for spring 2012 which was the basis for negotiations
which resulted in significantly lower prices on nearly every fabric used in the spring 2012 season.
- Reorganized fabric development files for greater efficiency and ultimately greater collaboration
across departments resulting in larger orders on multiple fabrics and savings on raw goods.
- Completed color development for SS 2012 season; included synthetic fabrics in bright, intense colors problematic for color fastness; required close monitoring with fabric mills; issue resolution.
Suite No. 237 - 1/10 - 8/12
Design Director and Owner
Managed all aspects of the business including fashion and textile design, sample coordination, overseas production, global fabric sourcing, fabric research and development, branding, marketing communications and market research, merchandising, sales, public relations and general executive and administrative duties including budget management.
- Created look book/catalog including concept, layout, typography and photo-editing/retouching
- Designed and developed first full season of lingerie samples, including viral video in After Effects with green screen key, all textile design and fabric development; working with factories, fabric mills and trim suppliers in Hong Kong, China and France, Japan and the United States.
Screaming Flea Productions, Inc. - 6/10 - 7/10
2-D Motion Graphics Intern
Designed and animated graphics for television programs on the Arts & Entertainment network including A&E Biography, Sell This House and $100 Makeover.
- Digitally rendered furniture and other room elements in Illustrator and animated them in After Effects for episode of $100 Makeover.
- Animated graphic elements for the A&E Biography episode covering the successful television show, Married With Children, using camera and lighting tools in After Effects.
Providence Health & Services - 9/06 - 5/08
Project Management Coordinator/Web Publisher/Internal Communications (began as contract position)
Project management for relocation of Providence corporate offices from downtown Seattle to Renton for 350 people, via ongoing support of the project manager including all necessary support associated with build-out of 75,000 sq. ft. of space; developed, wrote and published content to the Providence internal website, maintaining Providence message and branding.
- Created pages for relocation of Providence corporate offices on Providence internal website, including creating graphics, editing photos and other art, composing written content.
BCBG Max Azria - 10/01 - 4/04
Los Angeles, CA
Fabric Research Coordinator
Sourced fabrics globally for a team producing three clothing lines with total estimated revenue of $100M. Directed the development of new fabrics in Asia based on French and Italian designer fabrics and worked with overseas printers; regularly worked under very aggressive deadlines.
- Created responsibility doing textile design; revising, recoloring and putting designs into repeat; worked with overseas and domestic factories to develop prints/strikeoffs; monitored for accuracy and color.
- Responsible for all fabric research and development, and sample fabric procurement for three separate branded clothing line launches: BCBGirls, Parallel (license at JC Penney), To The Max.
Fang - 5/00 - 9/01
Graphic Artist/Fabric Purchasing
Graphic design included researching market trends and creating brand appropriate designs under tight deadlines for a young up and coming clothing manufacturer for teens and young women with approximately 50M in revenue. Also managed fabric sourcing and purchasing including negotiating for best price on over $2M of fabric purchased per year.
Calvin Klein Asia, Inc. - 5/97 - 7/97
Hong Kong, CHINA
Retail Market Analyst Intern
Forecasted trends and researched for firm public relations at division of Calvin Klein; focused on new Asian markets.
- Wrote market research report on retail markets, trends, economic/trade and policy review of Asia and Australia used to strategize entrance into competitive new foreign markets.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles, CA
A.A., Fashion Design
Bellevue College Bellevue, WA
Professional Certificate, Graphics and Animation
University of Washington Seattle, WA
B.A., Near Eastern Languages & Civilization
Chinese (Mandarin), Hebrew; Spanish, French