- + Follow
BSc Product Design
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am currently studying in my final year of a BSc in product design, which means i haven't been let loose on the world of design just yet, but i am most certainly looking for oppurtunities to sink my teeth into. However here is a snippet of what I have accomplished so far: - I have represented myself and my university on national radio. - I am in the progress of creating an app to reduce food waste in the home - I have designed and created a unique Bicycle wheel prototype - I successfully completed an internship at a US based global industry leader in trade-show display design. ----------------------------------- Know your strengths: I feel that knowing yourself has intrinsic value when it comes to growing as a designer, and as a person, so here's what I know about myself: -: I am an activator, because I believe action is the best device for learning. -: I am positive, because enthusiasm is contagious. -: I thrive in ideation, because I am fascinated by ideas. -: Adaptability is a key quality of mine because I am not afraid of unforeseen detours. -: I am a learner, simply because I love to learn. It is through the media of design and these qualities I posses, that I want to make a difference... ----------------------------------- I really aspire to improve our world through design, and to work with many talented people. So if you have an idea you want to explore, or feel like you want me on your side, please don't hesitate to contact me at: email@example.com
As an RD&I intern I am gifted the freedom to work with a whole spectrum of people, from data engineers and designers, to set-up technicians and marketing consultants. This means that my task-list is often filled with a variety of topics. These tasks include:
- CAD drafting on Pro-engineer and Solidworks (Parts, Assemblies and Drawings)
- Product testing and component evaluation
- SAP (ERP System) maintenance and actions including: Part creation and distribution, Multiple ECO (engineering change order) management, BOM creation and maintenance.
- Product Design and development
- Info-graphics and product instruction manuals *editing and creating
- Innovation actions
- Designing and implementing tools to improve manufacture, and consumer usage, whilst minimizing damage to product through improper usage.
- Rapid-Prototyping sketch modelling and manufacture of prototype products.
-Brochure/welcome pack design for summer season 2012
-development worker on projects such as landscaping, tarmacking, and plumbing/electrics
-reception and customer service dealing with check in/ out and answering feedback and reviews
- Shadow studio procedures
- In house product testing
- Input into idea discussions
- Gaining insight into outsourcing components and materials manufacture
- Studied Product Design (BSc) for 3 years of 4, at the university of Brighton. - Currently pursuing my final year of study at the University of Brighton, after a very successful professional year in industry in the United States.