- + Follow
Designer at Swarovski Architectural Solutions - Swarovski Li...
A global-minded designer of impactful, smart and beautiful experiences with excellent sketch and storytelling abilities who is passionate about making good ideas even better in reality. 7 years of professional design experience in the retail product design and hospitality industries.
Tulip Ceiling Fan
- Swarovski Lighting
- Jan 2011 - Present (2 years 11 months)
Swarovski Architectural Solutions (SAS) - A Contract Division of Swarovski Lighting
Responsible for the conception and execution of bespoke lighting installations, luminaries and interior projects.
Focus on International Luxury Hospitality, Luxury Residential, and Luxury Retail Store Markets
* Macy's Herald Square NYC
* Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Talon Club Las Vegas Nevada
* Hard Rock Cafe Munich Germany
* Private Residence Jakarta Indonesia
* Private Residence London England
* MGM Grand Resorts Las Vegas Nevada
* 30 Rockefeller Center NYC
* Private Residence Abu Dhabi UAE
* Swarovski Flagship Store NYC
* Swarovski Flagship Store Toronto Canada
* Swarovski Flagship Store Miami FL
* Swarovski Crystallized Store-Restaurant NYC
• Hand sketching and rendering via Cintiq screen with Alias Sketchbook Pro
• CAD design in Rhino
• Help design firms and customers visualize and refine their design intent.
• Design custom light fixtures, light installations, and architectural solutions that employ Swarovski Elements.
• Responsible for oversight of the design through engineering and factory production phases.
• Product design for new architectural products and luminaries with crystal.
• Prepare presentation material (plan materials, mock ups, samples, mood boards ...) for architectural projects, sales tools and visualized designs.
• International travel for project meetings and presentations.
• Standard Product design for Swarovski Lighting Brands
Co-founder and Project Director
- Auburn University - DESIGNSEED Enterprise Creation Lab
- Jul 2008 - Jan 2011 (2 years 6 months)
Winner of the 2010 Innovator Award from Southern Growth Policies Board DESIGNSEED was a social design initiative of Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama. DESIGNSEED’s “Make It Here” mission was to identify and leverage local assets for the creation of design-based start-up businesses that could be launched in Alabama’s impoverished rural belt.
• Conducted qualitative and quantitative ethnographic and local assets research then compiled these findings into an Outreach report booklet
• Led 8 team members in the creation of a concept start-up toy business called Maba Toys
• Designed the first family of Maba Toys
• Formed local strategic partnerships and collaborations
• Wrote business plan for DesignSeed
• Presented DesignSeed at numerous local, state and national events
• Direct reported to the Vice President of Outreach at Auburn University
- Herman Miller
- May 2008 - Jul 2008 (2 months)
Herman Miller is inventive designs, technologies and related services that improve the human experience wherever people work, heal, learn and live
• Provided qualitative trend analysis research
• Present cultural anthropology maps
• Produced key sections of reports
• Delivered visually engaging insight that turn data into meaning
- Masterbuilt Manufacturing
- Nov 2007 - Jun 2008 (7 months)
Masterbuit Manufacturing specializes in cooking products, such as, barbecue grills, indoor and outdoor turkey fryers, and smokers.
• First Industrial Designer ever hired and instrumental in establishing a product design department
• Responsible for designing products for in-door and outdoor cooking
• Designed points-of-purchase, trade shows displays, packaging and label graphics
• Creative directed all aspects of the 2008 catalog
• Rendered presentations boards for internal and external presentations
• Worked hands-on with over-seas manufacturing and engineering division
• Sales presentation of new designs to big-box retailers, like Lowes
Student Product Designer
- Broan-NuTone LLC
- Jan 2007 - May 2007 (4 months)
Designed and built a prototype range hood called, Luminous, for the luxury, high-end range hood market. Provided brand analysis and strategy recommendations for the management of Broan-Nutone’s three range hood companies: Best by Broan, Broan Elite and Zephyr
Student Product Designer
- Emerson Climate Technologies
- Jan 2006 - May 2006 (4 months)
Designed and build a prototype called the Tulip Ceiling Fan that transformed from a chandelier into a ceiling fan
- MID Industrial Design
- 2006 - 2007
- Bachelor of Science Environmental Design
- 2005 - 2006
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Fine and Studio Arts
- 1993 - 1999
2007 First Place, Oral Presentation, Auburn University Graduate Research Forum, 2006 Minority Graduate Research Fellowship Award, 2007 Research Grant, 2006 Field Research Grant