- + Follow
Product Development Manager & Soft Goods Designer
I am a Creative generalist. Throw any problem my way and I will find 20 ways to solve it. My background is product development, project management, and Industrial Design. My experiences have given me the toolbox I need to simplify, communicate and resolve complex problems in almost every facet of my life. My experience is mostly in physical products, but I have a passion for user experience and visual design. I am a lead visual designer at Tailoredfit Co, a company I started with 7 others in 2013.
Tailored Fit is a fashion web application for shoppers. It generates personalized recommendations as they explore and sort through clothing. After placing first at Startup Weekend Pittsburgh, our team has continued to develop Tailored Fit and has now released a closed beta. We are currently a participant in AlphaLab, Pittsburgh’s Startup Accelerator.
Using a lean methodology, we are iterating upon our closed beta release by collecting more feedback, working on redesigns, and testing more prototypes.
• Low fidelity Wire framing
• A/B testing
• Graphic design
• Assist in all levels of development from initial sketch through sourcing and landed product
• Design and maintain technical drawings for 72 products
• CMF development
• Launched 20 successful new products, expanding LE’s 6 product segments
• Manage all trade show exhibits from design to merchandising and construction
• Design Retail packaging for new LE products
• Work directly with vendors to solve design & production problems throughout product life-cycle
• Manage 21 overseas & domestic vendors, fulfilling over 2000 PO’s last year
• Manage the QC Department.
• Maintaining product integrity for 180 national sports teams across 22,000 SKU’s
• Designed product auditing system used to maintain quality throughout the product life cycle
• built on day trading the forex markets
• learning and developing strategies and algorithms to reduce risk on the forex markets.
• Created Digital media for on-going Facebook campaigns
• Created lifestyle images for each days events
• Developed artwork for seasonal branding
“We worked on a project with John Deere, developing applications for future use. We worked around an engineering package, focusing on using project constraints to push creativity”
Pittsburgh 250 anniversary - Imagine Pittsburgh Installation art piece.
• Model Making
• Hand sketching
• rapid prototyping
partnered in designing the Bayer exhibit for the IDSA national conference in AZ
Graduated with Honors in Industrial Design.