- + Follow
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
FREELANCE FASHION/GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND CONSULTANT/ADVISER
I am a FASHION DESIGNER with a rich and varied experience of 6 years in the field of Fashion and Apparel.Graduate in Fashion Design(2003-2007) from the premier Fashion Design Institute Nift,India.
I Have worked with Avant Garde Designer Manish Arora to High street Fashion Brands at Splash and Iconic to Spanish and Italian Brands at The Fashion Net.
Well acquainted with the middle east market .With 4 years in the U.A.E .
My key skills are Fashion Design,Fashion illustration,Print design,Innovative embroideries,Graphic Design,Fashion Trends Research & Analysis.My forte has been women's wear in all categories eveningwear,day or casual wear,office wear,uniform design,abayas and kaftans.
Sample work 2003-2007
Freelance Fashion & Graphic designer
June 2013 – Present Dubai/Abu Dhabi
Senior Fashion designer
The Fashion Net (www.liwastores.com)
Nov 2011 – June 2013 (1 year 6 months) Abu Dhabi
• Research, Analysis and Idea generation
• Developing/Designing Womenswear collections.
• Supervise work right from inception till ensembles.
• Travel to Spain and Italy attending trade fairs and market research for brands.
• Working on product strategy and forecast for the next year.
• Work with the marketing team for marketing and promotional ideas.
• Work with the Visual Merchandiser for effective display and merchandising of the products
• Regular Market Research and Competition Study.
Splash & Iconic(www.splashfashions.com)
April 2009 – September 2011(2year 8months) Dubai
• Research, Analysis and Idea generation
• Researching current and future fashion trends by Studying trend reports on websites like WGSN, STYLESIGHT, STYLE and VOGUE.
• Market research
• Travel to Hong Kong Fashion Week
• Developing concepts, color stories and design range/silhouettes from inspiration
• Developing/Designing collections for the seasons spring, summer, autumn and winter based on the research and brand profile. Brands like ELLE, Nexus Woman, Iconic Smart
• Sample/Fabric/Trims/ Print sourcing from suppliers/markets based on the above direction along with the assistant buyer.
Supervise work right from inception till ensembles.
• Communicating with the suppliers and following up the developments till the final stage along with the Quality Assurance executive for the correct execution of Design.
• Working on developing new prints for the collection
• Fashion Show range development based on the directions given by the Core design team.
• Regular visits to the malls for competition study.
Assistant Fashion Designer
May 2007 – March 2009 (1 year 11 months) Noida Area, India
• Primarily designed for Paris Fashion Week (SS08, AW08-09, SS09) and also on several other domestic and export Orders, which were exclusively women’s wear both western and Indian.
• Worked on developing new prints,embroideries,silhouettes for the collection
• Supervised work right from inception till ensembles.
• Dealt with clients like Lizzie Jagger , Preity Zinta, Queene Dhodi etc and traveled in Delhi (NCR) and outside Delhi
• Handled fashion shows, photo- shoots and other events.
June 2006 – August 2006 (2 months) Bangalore, India
• Designed an independent range of garments in the women’s wear segment which was highly appreciated and went for production.
• Developed a range of music and humor led prints for men’s t-shirts for release in August 2006
• Carried out extensive market research and worked on new ideas for Branding, Packaging and Visual Merchandising for the brand.
Ministry of textiles
July 2005– August 2005(1 month) Delhi, India
• Craft Documentation & Prototype development on the native craft of Chamba- The Chamba Rumaal
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Design(Fashion Design)
National Institute of Fashion technology
August 2003– May 2007(4 Years) Delhi, India
Represented NIFT at the International Final 2007 hosted by the Miami School of Arts and Design. FL at Miami in the fashion category of the Art of Fashion competition organized by the San Francisco De Young Museum, CA
The award for the “Most Practical Collection” in the graduating show Fashionova’07
National Institute Of fashion Technology,New Delhi,India
2.SELECTED IN ARTS OF FASHION COMPETITION 2007 TO REPRESENT INDIA