I am a student of culture, art, and life. I like to research and immerse myself in a culture so that I can have authentic communication through graphics. I have 20 years experience in the communication arts. Success for me is seeing my product on my target consumer in whom I was designing for. It was the kid on the bus in New York City. It was Snoop Dogg rockin' my hoodie in the studio. It was Mark Gonzales picking through all the adidas apparel and he picked my graphic hoody for a photo shoot. I can also design for the mainstream consumer. I'm proud of a simple logo graphic that made over a million dollars that was in the mens, youth, and kids lines. Please ask about Start-Up pricing.
Resourceful graphic designer with the passion for innovation that speaks to the core of the client. Energetic project manager that leads by example of professionalism, dedication, and respect. Cross-Functional in many skills to fly solo or to fit a specific role in diversified team.
• Conceptual Vision • Versed in Full Repeat Patterns for Textiles
• Versatile Designer and Illustrator • Thorough Researcher
• Directing Visual Language for a Collection • Leader in Originality
• Innovative Application Techniques • Veteran Illustrator & Photoshop User
• Experienced in Apparel Business Process • Deadline Focused
• Cross-Functional Team Player and Mentor • Current in Design Industry
• Knowledgeable in many Trims & Materials • Student of Typography, Logo, Color, Ideation,
for Apparel & Footwear illustration, Photography and Layout Design
GRAPHIC DESIGN / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Moved from production design to full time graphic design with in first 6 months.
• Was apart of the team that brought adidas out of the red and into the black and hit the billion dollar mark.
• Became a Senior Designer in 3 years.
• Created the sport specific basketball T-shirt line with only 3 T-shirts, which became 22 T-shirts a season.
• In one season was 1/4 of all the T-shirt sales for the season which equaled over 11 million dollars.
• Had one T-shirt design make a million dollars
• Chosen to work with sports marketing on logos and T-shirts to attract such athletes as LeBron James, Amare Stoudemire, Yao Ming, and Kevin Garnett.
• Designed graphics for apparel and footwear which were posted on blogs such as: Cool Hunting, Freshness, Hypebeast, and High Snobiety.
• Senior Graphic Designer on adidas original collections such as: adidas skateboarding, Mark Gonzales, Muhammad Ali, Pistol Pete, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, T-Mac, and Respect M.E. Collection by Missy Elliott.
• Worked on Artist Collaborations with: Slick, Eric Baily, Tuff Gong, Jam Master Jay, Def Jam, Heavy Weight, Mike Giant, and many more.
• Apart of a successful SMU $20 T-shirt program where I represented over 50% of the line and many became the top performers.
• Worked on new product opportunities and ideation for reinventing proven performers.
• Cross-Functional team player with Development, Marketing, Creative Directors, Sales, and Buyers
• Traveled for trend research and inspiration.
• Culturally conscious of local and national trending directions.
Rohman Graphics - Portland Oregon
2010- Present • Owner
Clients such as Black Rose NYC, adidas, Columbia, Under Armour, Efficiency Heating & Cooling, Chiang Mai, Anta Sports Products Limited
adidas Group - Portland Oregon
2004-2010 • Senior Graphic Designer
Originals for National and Global: Men's & Women's Urban, Men's & Women's coastal, adidas Skateboarding, Official Originals Licensed Product, Respect M.E. (Missy Elliott Collection)
2002-2004 • Senior Graphic Designer
adidas Basketball Sport Specific
2000-2002 • Senior Graphic Designer
SMU Special Make-Up for National and Global Clients
1999-2000 • Senior Graphic Designer
adidas Licensed Property
1996-1999 Graphic Designers
Men, Youth, Women, Promotion, Basketball and Team Sports
Graphic Designer, Illustrator
Rohman Creative Graphics
April 1996 – September 1997
Illustrator, Graphic Designer
June 1993 – April 1996 (2 years 11 months)
Art Institute of Seattle
Associate of Applied Arts, Visual Communications
1990 – 1992
Courses pertaining to job: Two years Visual Communications Program. Faculty elected
Student Studio member, Competed for clients then worked with them to achieve their needs,
Clients such as: The Seattle Commons and the Humanities Forum.
Benson Polytechnic High School
High School Diploma, Graphic Communications
1986 – 1990
Courses pertaining to job: Two years of Graphic Communication Major (Work atmosphere,
Design to final print, dealing with deadlines and hard work.)
1990 Silver Medalist in Graphic Design for VICA
Union Gospel Mission - Portland Oregon
Graphic Designer, 2011 - Present