- + Follow
• Global Experience - Award winning design professional with global experience in twelve countries: Bangladesh, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States of America, and Vietnam.
• Product Categories - Experience includes the design of Home Décor, Fashion Accessories, Christmas Trim, Furniture and Soft Home products and packaging bought by Pier One, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Ten Thousand Villages, TraidCraft USA, and various European and Asian retailers.
• Fair Trade/Sustainable - Extensive global work with Fair Trade organizations and mentoring its members. This includes building business skills and entrepreneurship in the villages along with the hands-on development of saleable products, oftentimes made of sustainable materials such as bamboo, abaca, acacia wood, coconut, fibers, and other recyclables.
• Graphic Design - Visual Merchandising and Graphic Design skills have included logo development, marketing brochures, trend reports, and compelling trade show booth designs.
• International Internships - International design experience derived from working on short term projects and taking courses in various countries such as Germany, India, Sri Lanka, China, the Philippines, Australia, and Taiwan. Has built a more global understanding of various materials, factory capabilities cultural taste, and product needs.
Creative Expertise: 3D Studio Max, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Office
Craft Related Manual Skills: hand illustration, painted finishes, paper-making, resin and paper pulp molding, sculpting and casting, resin lamination, various multi-media prototyping
DESIGNS IN 3DS MAX
A manufacturer of internationally award-winning, high quality bamboo food products through an integrated and community-based approach to propagation, processing, production, sales, and marketing. Leads the development of product variants, package and label design, marketing collaterals, and exhibitions.
A leading consulting company that focuses on product, package and graphics design; exhibition design, visual merchandising, design trends, material explorations, and production technologies development, making manufacturers competitive in the local and global markets. Successful and award-winning designs of home products, fashion accessories and Christmas trims sold at retailers such as Pier 1, Pottery Barn, Target, Crate and Barrel, and Anthropologie.
Conducts design, production, and entrepreneurship related seminars and skills training/upgrading. Liaises with factory owners and buyers when developing products. Experiments with materials and technologies to introduce innovations such as the successful commercialization of converted water hyacinth, corn husk, bamboo, and coconut by-products into sheets, paper, and various semi-processed materials.
WFTO – 90 companies and organizations aimed at improving the livelihood of producers by making them competitive in the world market through intensive design development, better production techniques, and entrepreneurship training.
Responsible for product development, project management, and training-related activities. Developed thousands of products for more than 20 fair trade companies covering almost 50,000 artisans. Many of the products catapulted companies into bigger commercial markets, showcasing them in trade fairs such as Messe Frankfurt, Germany.
An importer of gifts, decorative accessories, house ware, tabletops, and seasonal decors. Led design development, costing, exhibition design and set-up in European fairs (Frankfurt, Cologne, Birmingham), and coordination with vendors for samples and production in the Philippines, India, and Sri Lanka. Diversified product lines resulting in increased sales of more than USD1.0m for the floral, hobby, and garden sectors in Germany and the United Kingdom to retailers such as IKEA, Body Shop, Karstadt, Yves Rocher, and Karcher.
Designer for gifts, house ware, furnishings, decorative accessories, holiday decors, fashion accessories, ceramics, basketry, toys, textile-based products, and leathergoods. Served as counterpart to international consultants on design projects under the European Economic Community and the German Agency for Technical Cooperation.
Underwent training and study missions on product design, marketing, and production in the Philippines and Europe (Germany, France, and the United Kingdom).
Traveled extensively around the Philippines for design-related projects and successfully assisted small producers who became established exporters. Responsible for design development, prototype evaluation, production advice, and exhibitions.
Taught design subjects to Industrial Design students. Subjects covered: Industrial Design 1a and 1b, Light and Color, and Structure and Form.
Finished Advanced Training Program in Industrial Design under a scholarship grant from the Cari Duisberg Gesellschaft, e.V. in Germany. Course covered 15-months on design skills development, projects, seminars and workshops, visits to trade fairs, buyers, design studios, museums, and a 2-month practicum with two German manufacturers: Behr Moebel and Ursula Maier Werkstaetten.
Finished Industrial Design, Cum Laude, under a full scholarship grant from the Product Development and Design Center of the Philippines and partial scholarships from the University of Santo Tomas Scholarship Fund and the Rotary Club of Downtown Manila.