- + Follow
International product development consultant and social entrepreneur with over twenty years experience in the fields of handicrafts, housewares, furniture, furnishings and home accessories, seasonal decors, stationery, and exhibition design in thirteen countries. Also conducts intensive development programs from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Assistance ranges from design development, skills training, market intelligence and linkage, seminars and workshops on entrepreneurship subjects.
DESIGNS IN 3DS MAX
VICE PRESIDENT FOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Filbamboo Exponents, Inc.
- Quezon City, Philippines
- Oct 2011 - Present (2 years 2 months)
• Filbamboo Exponents, Inc. is a social enterprise devoted to promoting bamboo in the
pursuit of health, wellness, and beauty to address each individual’s needs and care for the environment. The company aims to create sustainable livelihood for rural farming communities in the Philippines.
• Filbamboo manufactures and provides high quality bamboo products (food, beverages, health supplements) through an integrated and holistic approach to propagation, processing, production, sales, and marketing of these products via traditional and non-traditional channels.
• Responsible for development of product variants, package and label design, and marketing collaterals.
- 1001 Strategies Product Development Consultancy
- Mandaluyong City, Philippines
- Mar 1998 - Present (15 years 9 months)
• Manages consultancy company offering services on product design, package and graphics design, exhibition design, visual merchandising, design trends, material explorations, and production technologies. Focus is in making manufacturers competitive in the local and global markets.
• Conducts design, production, and entrepreneurship related seminars and skills training/upgrading.
• Serves as buying agent and facilitates networking between buyers and suppliers and other business providers.
• Experiments with materials and technologies to introduce innovations such as the successful commercialization of converted water hyacinth and corn husk into sheets, paper, and various semi-processed materials.
LEAD DESIGN CONSULTANT
- World Fair Trade Organization-Asia (WFTO-Asia)
- Quezon City, Philippines
- Nov 2002 - May 2010 (7 years 6 months)
• WFTO-Asia consists of 90 fair trade organizations representing producers in the craft and food sectors in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. It aims to improve the livelihood of producers by making them competitive in the world market through intensive design development, better production techniques, and entrepreneurship training.
• Responsible for project conceptualization and implementation, management, product development, and training-related activities. Was able to make companies successfully penetrate the commercial market and increase sales.
CHIEF DESIGNER AND BUYING AGENT
- Frank and Schuster OHG
- Aglasterhausen, Germany
- Apr 1995 - May 1998 (3 years 1 month)
• Design consultant and buying agent for the German company Frank and Schuster, an importer of gifts, decorative accessories, house ware, tabletops, and seasonal decors.
• Responsible for design development and costing, exhibition design and set-up in European fairs (Frankfurt, Cologne, Birmingham), and coordination with vendors for samples and production in the Philippines, India, and Sri Lanka.
• Diversified the company’s product lines and expanded market from small decors to house ware resulting in increased sales.
- Product Development & Design Center of the Phil. (PDDCP)
- Pasay City, Philippines
- Jun 1988 - May 1996 (7 years 11 months)
• Designer for gifts, house ware, furnishings, decorative accessories, holiday decors, fashion accessories, ceramics, basketry, toys, textile-based products, and leathergoods.
• Counterpart to international consultants on design projects under the European Economic Community and the German Agency for Technical Cooperation.
• Underwent training on product design, marketing, and production in the Philippines and Europe (Germany, France, and the United Kingdom).
• Traveled extensively around the Philippines for design-related projects and successfully assisted small producers who became established exporters.
- University of Santo Tomas
- Manila, Philippines
- Nov 1988 - Apr 1991 (2 years 5 months)
Taught design subjects to Industrial Design students. Subjects covered: Industrial Design 1a and 1b, Light and Color, and Structure and Form.
Carl Duisberg Society (CDG) now InWent, Germany
- Postgraduate Certificate ADVANCE TRAINING PROGRAM IN INDUSTRIAL PRODUCT DESIGN FOR DESIGNERS IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
- 1993 - 1994
Finished Advanced Training Program in Industrial Design under a scholarship grant from the Cari Duisberg Gesellschaft, e.V. in Germany. A 15-month program with the first 5 months dedicated to learning German in different language centers in Saarbruecken, Dortmund, and Radolfzell. Course proper was held in Schwaebisch Gmuend covering basic design training, projects, seminars and workshops, visits to trade fairs, buyers, design studios, museums, and a 2-month practicum in two German manufacturers: Behr Moebel and Ursula Maier Werkstaetten.
University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines
- BFA Bachelor of Fine Arts major in Industrial Design
- 1984 - 1988
Finished Industrial Design, Cum Laude, under a full scholarship grant from the Product Development and Design Center of the Philippines and partial scholarships from the University of Santo Tomas Scholarship Fund and the Rotary Club of Downtown Manila.
BEST SELLING PRODUCT LINE
OTOP Marketplace, Manila FAME International October Edition
CITEM, Pasay City, Philippines
Product: Loomwoven Water Hyacinth Bags and Purses
19.-23. Sept. 2013
MOST INNOVATIVE PRODUCT (HOUSEWARES CATEGORY)
SIKAT PINOY NATIONAL HANDICRAFTS FAIR
Department of Trade and Industry, Philippines
Product: Ferris Wheel Photo Frame Holder (Bamboo and Rattan)
BEST BUSINESS PLAN AND...
show more »