- + Follow
MSc (Industrial Design) @ Loughborough university (UK)
Handle vacuum cleaner
RSA competition 2009-10
Address: No.7-1, Aly. 14, Ln. 751, Zhongzheng Rd., Zhonghe Dist., New Taipei City 235, Taiwan
Phone: +886 928517219
A motivated and enthusiastic designer has industrial design and mechanical engineering background. Constantly learning and adapting, to enable development personally and professionally.
Loughborough University (UK) September 2009 - September 2010
MSc -Industrial Design
Tamkang University (Taiwan) September 2001 - June 2005
BSc (Hons) – Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Engineering
AU Optronics Corp. (HsinChu, Taiwan)
Product designer (December 2010 – present)
* Developed the user behavior research and market analysis on the OLED lighting, table PC and E-paper.
* Designed the 2D concept drawing, presentation board and 3D CAD model.
* Participated in color, material and finish development of the OLED lighting application.
* Built the mechanical design on the OLED lighting.
* Set up and maintained the Bill of Materials of OLED lighting.
* Defined the product color, material and finish with interior machine workshop.
* Managed the OLED lighting project schedule independently.
* Communicated with different cross-functional teams for technical specification.
* Contacted with local factories to discuss the property of material and manufacture process.
Quanta computer corp. (TaoYuan, Taiwan)
Product Design Engineer (June 2007 - March 2009)
* Programmed the full product cycle which from initial concept development to mass production.
* Worked with many different cross-functional teams for manufacturing optimization and production failure analysis.
* Negotiated with Apple product designers for the new generation of Apple Macbook and accessories.
* Organized with each type of supplier for product. Including plastic, sheet metal, die-casting, stamping, Mylar, gasket, and screws.
* Contacted with China factories to define the property of material and manufacture process.
* Led a team of technicians (4 local engineers) in the China to help find and analyze the product issue.
* Managed the schedule of the 13”unibody aluminum Macbook with Apple project manager.
* Provided the manufacturing suggestion to Apple product designer.
* Improved the operation process of 13”unibody aluminum Macbook.
LITE-ON Semiconductor corp. (Taipei, Taiwan)
Product Designer (September 2005 - May 2007)
* Developed the new product which included laser mouse, finger printer and digital pen.
* Designed the 2D concept drawing and 3D CAD model.
* Built the mechanical design and acted on the manufacturing fixture design.
* Set up and maintained the Bill of Materials of laser mouse, finger printer and digital pen.
* Defined the product color, material and finish with local factory.
PTC Precision Learning: Surface with Wildfire 2.0
PTC Precision Learning: Freedom Surface with Wildfire 3.0
RSA award (UK)-Later Life Wellbeing: Final shortlisted, 2009
Innovative Design Award in Sports Technology (Taiwan): Final shortlisted, 2011
Pro/E, Unigraphics, Alias, Rhino, Cinema 4D, Keyshot, Photoshop, CorelDRAW
Table tennis club of AU Optronics Corp., 2010 - 2011
Bike club member of Quanta Computer corp., 2007 - 2008
Tennis club member of TamKang University, 2002 - 2004
Guitar club member of TamKang University, 2001- 2002
Loughborough University, Dept. of Design and Technology