TECHNICAL DESIGNer - Footwear
WAL-MART STORES, INC.
Bentonville, United States
* Managed fit tests and supported global procurement overseas. * Supports the Development and Production teams to ensure product spec sheets and samples meet quality standards and technical design requirements. * Modified Wal-Mart technical manual, raised footwear standards, provided customers with better quality shoes at more affordable prices.
Project Director of Military Boots
RO-Search Inc. (WELLCO) Mapiel
Aguadilla, United States
* Planned, directed, and established company extension in Dominican Republic, distributing mass production of soldier boots in Central America and Caribbean. Manufacture of Leather - Mapiel
Director of Product Development
Hong Kong, Vietnam
Lead Developer / Designer
responsible for all work and hunting boots samples in USA and quality control overseas * Involved with the product development and marketing aspects. * Responsible for researching the market place for new trends and new materials. Achievements * Revised all existing styles and designs improving them more than 80% and created a new assortment in 2010. * Reduced costumer complaints and improved sell more than 40% reducing store return from 8% to 0.1%. * Improved all existent patterns at the factory, created new patterns and cutting dies library. * Reduce operation cost in cutting, stitching and lasting departments with more simple pattern and new method for assembling improving factory about 70% work flow.
Footwear Technical Manager
The Children's Place
* Responsible for analyze and evaluate all Children's footwear for fit on live models. * Assess and approve all footwear lasts, heels, blueprints, molds, and samples from technical perspective. * Perform risk assessment for new construction, styling with PD, QA teams and Production Technicians. * Collaborate with Asia cross-functional partners to ensure that all products meet quality standards and on-time delivery rates. * Assess and review all pre-production samples for final sign-off. * Support the Sourcing team researching and resolving DC Alerts, Bazaar Voice and Customer Return cases regarding fitting issues. * Recommend manufacturing production processes improvement to Production team. Achievements * Reduced footwear return rate by 25% in the first year. * Developed technical process based in US owned fit approvals. * Implementation of the 3D technology to shorten the time during commercialization. * Created new standards to keep the consistency of the fit through the 3D digital last library. * Established the entire wear test protocol. * Updated TCP footwear technical manual in collaboration with QA-QC teams. * Provided technical support to PLM team to create the technical footwear workspace and digital integration.
Fit Technician / Technical Designer - Footwear
* Fit and Pattern maker Technician responsible for coordinating and monitoring the technical development process for all athletic and casual shoes. * Analyze last and pattern constructions, and make necessary changes to ensure a proper fit. * Travel to overseas manufacturing facilities 2-4 times per year to identify and manage problems and formulate the solution with precision. * Lead fit sessions, analyze fit and accurately communicate corrections with the factories. * Manage and monitor all styles from order placement through production, to ensure that proper fitting and grading is being achieved including test reports, preproduction and TOP of production samples to meet time and action calendar. * Monitor and maintain fit, construction and ensure consistency across all vendors. * Provide technical expertise and support to cross-functional teams. * Work with product development department on seasonal last, blueprints and manage mold development from initial drawing to confirmation in conjunction with designers, development leads and engineering team. * Competitively shop the market researching fit, construction techniques and labeling. Achievements * Developed and established new standards for fit and pattern proportion. * Created a lasts library by genders based in the international fit. * Incorporate 3D technology in development and pre-production. * Worked closely with the development team to achieve project objectives. * Trained and work with overseas technical team to keep the consistency of the fit. * Established a wear testing program to look at different sizes performance comfort, functionality of design, safety, quality and technical requirements. * Participate in product concept to identify any possible quality issue before development stage.
Senior QA Specialist - Footwear
Hong Kong, Vietnam
* Lead Developer to coordinate product for all genders from initial concept through commercialization and production. * Design outdoor footwear and build spec packets so vendor can accurately build production. * Ensure the quality in all Cabela's private label footwear. * Evaluate samples to determine conformance to spec. * Set up meeting with Merchandising to determine product attributes. * Travel overseas and work on prototypes development with the vendors in their factories. * Review and evaluate new prototypes submitted from vendors. * Lead fit sessions for footwear on live models to determine any fit issue and recommend changes to improve. * Analyze return rates for private label footwear with QA Mgr. and recommend solutions to improve. * Review Footwear Designers workloads to ensure spec packs are built and delivered to the vendors in a timely manner. Achievements * Improved the communication with all vendors to shorten the time in the development process. * Implemented a new simple spec pack to better communicate with the factories styles, materials and constructions. * Traveled overseas across