Apr 2016 - Present (5 years 6 months)
My main role within the company is taking projects from initial architects’ drawings through to site installation:
• Attending ongoing design workshops with architect or designer to discuss overall design and details, continually developing the final design.
• Surveying the site, checking site conditions and altering design to suit problems found on site.
• Producing detailed production and installation drawings for manufacture and fit of products, including cutting lists and procurement schedules for additional items to be incorporated in installation.
• Submitting all technical drawings with issue registers and maintain the correct revisions in the file library.
Other responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a close relationship with the workshop to improve manufacture techniques.
• Discussing potential projects with clients and explaining the products capabilities to them.
• Helping the estimating team cost a project by giving input to drawing time needed, manufacture and installation methods.
Sheen near Buxton SK17 0EU As part of the MSc Innovative Engineering course I undertook a placement at Belle group, an international manufacturer of light construction equipment. I greatly enjoyed the experience as I was able to use my learned skills in a working environment and develop professionally. Main duties and personal developments: * Project management, taking a project from inception to completion. In this case a compactor plate I personally designed and built. * Improved mechanical skill having worked on the production line to better understand the products. * Developing management skills, delegating manufacture jobs to the production line, to manufacture for a deadline. * Design and oversee the manufacture of two show rigs for a major construction exhibition. * Redesigning components for products sold by the company. * Component modelling for the company's digital library using Solidworks. * Improved personal perspective of design, factoring in limits and fits, clearances, and design for manufacture, skills developed from hands on work.