Oct 2017 - Dec 2018 (1 year 2 months)
Serves as the primary grant writer, managing funder relationships, grant research, application
processes and compliance reporting. Strong writing, data analysis, program budgeting,
project management skills, with an emphasis on grant compliance and outcome measurement.
• Lead grant research, proposal development and submission – preparing and organizing materials for proposals and submitting and monitoring grant applications
• Draft proposals and grant application narratives and collaborate to finalize with the Executive Director
• Research new funding opportunities on a local, state, and federal level
• Work collaboratively with CFO to ensure accuracy of grant income and expense reports
• Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets—taking responsibility for meeting high standards of accuracy, effectiveness, and timeliness
• Perform research and data gathering – both from external sources, as well as Library’s program statistics
• Assist in developing presentations for various stakeholders
President / Senior Designer
Montage Creative Communications, Inc.
Prince Frederick, MD
Jun 1997 - Dec 2016 (19 years 6 months)
Served as President and Senior Designer of Montage Creative Communications, Inc. (DBA-Main Street Copy &
Design) a graphic design, marketing & digital printing business. Governed a wide range of functions that include
client consultation, graphic design, website design, finance, administration, customer relations, business development,
and operations management. Define and proactively promote the company’s position, image, brand, and character
to an ever-widening client base. Oversaw the creation and production of a variety dynamic graphic design and
digital printing for clients that includes corporate identity packages, promotional materials, signs, banners,
brochures, catalogs and newsletters; also provide digital printing services for walk-in customers.
• Built customer base to 1000+ clients, created a solid reputation of providing dynamic graphic design, cost-effective marketing solutions and outstanding customer service
• Increased list of available services to include signs, banners, posters, and exhibit/conference materials through a successful relocation to a larger facility in January 2007
• Provided services primarily to various educational associations, government agencies, non-profits and small businesses. A sample listing of esteemed clients included: National Child Support Enforcement Agency, Calvert Hospice, Show Place Arena, Gallaudet University, Council of Chief State School Officers, Southern Maryland Hospital Center, Progress & Freedom Foundation, United Way of Calvert County, Georgetown University, Gallaudet University, Calvert Marine Museum
Mar 1995 - May 1997 (2 years 2 months)
Participated in the development of strategic communications planning and production of monthly/bimonthly
newsletters, marketing materials and membership catalogs. Purchased print services, performed press checks
and negotiated with vendors to receive the highest quality services at the lowest possible price. Projected and
maintained a positive, professional demeanor that reflected well on the overall organization.
• Successfully and dynamically represented employers at industry tradeshows to further establish brand and services in larger markets, with noticeable after effects in terms of sales and growth.
• Managed conference logistics and traveled to conferences to promote the organization by networking with potential clients and vendors.
1992 - 1995 (3 years)
Create scientific research posters for National Institutes of Health and visual presentations for
Goddard Space Flight Center, including technical illustrations and slide presentations.
Architectural Draftsperson / Graphic Designer
1985 - 1990 (5 years)
Create hand drawn architectural drawings for fire safety plans for various nuclear power plants.
Create technical illustrations, slide presentations, animated film presentations.
Operate camera and variety of darkroom equipment.