This project was done in my spare time last quarter. I started making it as just a joke for one of my professors but it turned out to be so much fun to make I spent more time on it than I originally intended. I'm quite happy with the result.
I began by cutting the basic shape of the ax head out of a piece of scrap aluminum.
I then used my Dremel to sculpt the ax head to the desired shape.
Sadly I don't have any pictures of the next few steps of the process. I turned the wooden handle on the wood lathe and the caps on the metal lathe.
The result of my efforts was a small but deadly battleaxe.
I made a little display box (finals took up my free time at this point so I opted for a pre-made box) to keep the ax in and protect it since it's so small.