DIRECTOR OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
Aug 2021 - Present (4 months)
- Lead and manage creative design projects for various clients across multiple industries.
PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER
Jan 2017 - Present (4 years 5 months)
- Manage internal and freelance design staff.
- Lead innovative brand building design projects that excite and engage the consumer.
- Push forward sustainability and social responsibility efforts within the supply chain.
- Direct product presentations and reviews that include seasonal reviews and sales meetings
- Build strong working relationships with Asian suppliers and manufacturers.
- Guide and coordinate product colorway, color-blocking and seasonal print development.
- Help drive and execute strategic design and business thinking.
FREELANCE INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
MARK DAVIS DESIGN
Jan 2008 - Present (13 years 11 months)
- Designed innovative products including outdoor gear, electronics, tools, medical devices, furniture, inflatables, and home goods for various clients
Jul 2014 - Dec 2016 (2 years 5 months)
- Supervise internal and freelance design and development staff.
- Lead and manage creative design projects that enhance the consumer experience.
- Coordinate project development with Asian manufacturers.
- Drive design initiatives, improve processes, and influence overall product strategy.
SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
Jan 2012 - Jul 2014 (2 years 6 months)
- Generated innovative concepts, both soft good and hard good, including luggage and accessories.
- Traveled internationally to develop supplier relationships and expedite product development.
Jan 2009 - Jan 2012 (3 years)
- Designed various travel gear including luggage, shoulder bags, backpacks, and organizers.
- Assisted in creating product briefs focused on trending features, styles, and price points.
JR. PRODUCT DESIGNER
Jan 2008 - Jan 2009 (1 year)
- Conceptualized new products and supported technical art development.
- Researched and analyzed product and consumer trends through various resources.
INTERN - PRODUCT DESIGN
Jan 2006 - Jun 2006 (5 months)
- Designed various school supplies and consumer packaging while meeting client time frames.
- Built working models and mock-ups for consumer research testing.
- Analyzed product trends and collected samples for competitive market research.