Creative Director - Exhibits and Graphics
Exhibit Edge, Inc.
May 2016 - Present (5 years 4 months)
* Direct the design of complex trade show exhibits and museum properties for clients utilizing 3D software.
* Collaborate closely with clients, account managers, account executives, and company stakeholders to develop strategic designs and branding for client marketing presence.
* Manage, train, and mentor graphic design and art production staff, as well as third-party design and production talent.
* Develop and negotiate production agreements with outside print vendors and exhibit fabricators. Develop and manage internal production schedules.
* Proficient in current software such as Adobe CC 2019 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Acrobat, PowerPoint, 3D SketchUp Pro, Vray, MS Office Suite, some Excel, and 3D Studio Max. SAGE Pro and Exhibit Link Inventory Software.
* Demonstrated ability to efficiently operate and manage large-format color printers and plotters and high-resolution scanners.
* Serve as primary client contact for all design and branding related requests.
* Assist clients to develop original designs to enhance their exhibit and promote their message clearly.
* Provide detailed material estimations and fabrication labor estimates for custom fabricated exhibits and designs.
* Review CAD drawings for graphic call-outs, compile graphics database for production personnel and tracking with outside vendors.
* Advise clients on the most engaging use of design elements and graphics within their exhibit space and budget. * Oversee online client graphics inventory and manage the schedule for outgoing graphics to exhibits.
* Manage production of all graphics and designs for client properties. * Provide project management for client and company projects.
* Directed mentoring and implementation of 3D software and hardware systems to build in-house 3D design capabilities.
* Provided technical treatment writing and 3D designs for graphic RFQ's and G...
Design Manager - Sole Proprietorship
Cross Junction, VA
Jan 1991 - Jan 2018 (27 years)
* Provide computer-generated and freehand illustration/design for a variety of technical and general art projects.
* Proficient in current software such as Adobe CC 2019 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Acrobat, PowerPoint, 3D SketchUp Pro, Vray, MS Office Suite.
* Demonstrated ability to operate large format color printers and plotters and high-resolution scanners.
* Provide image re-touching and manipulation.
* Experienced working with industry professionals, publications, and marketers to keep abreast of the latest trends.
* Develop visual concepts through drawings, sketches, copywriting and editing as required.
* Analyze client publication goals to create or modify existing artwork for posters, brochures, newsletters, trade-show booths, charts, postcards, and other marketing materials.
* Conduct online and manual image research and maintain a large digital database for use in artwork.
* Develop and maintain profitable client relationships by delivering excellent customer service and meeting client expectations.
* Demonstrated ability to project manage accounts including delivery schedules, outside vendors, research, editing, desktop publishing, and invoicing accounts.
* Developed profitable relationships with clients spanning 20 years.
* Earned several national awards recognizing illustration talents.
* Created, marketed, and sold print products with national chain vendors and specialty galleries nationwide.
Marketing Director - Business Development
Aug 2012 - Apr 2016 (3 years 8 months)
• Coordinated all company trade show events, from researching event participation, organizing branding message, running communication with exhibit venue, designing exhibits, shipping, drayage, installing, dismantling, on-floor troubleshooting, liaising with union labor, running floor labor, attending show at booth, engaging customers, selling product, capturing contact information, managing nightly booth cleanups and clearing/reviewing all close-out paperwork and billing responsibilities at show's end.
• Provided illustration, graphic design, and web-page content development for a company specializing in the manufacturing of industrial vacuum workholding equipment.
• Formatted, color-corrected and digitally printed files for small and large format print production utilizing Adobe CC, Onyx Production-House, and Poster-Shop software. Utilized MS Word, Excel, Serif (Web Authoring), and QuickBooks 2014 inventory management software.
• Provide advanced fabrication estimation for custom machined pieces.
• Review CAD drawings for graphic call-outs, compiled graphics database for production personnel and tracking with outside vendors.
• Developed, managed, and implemented a digital direct-mail marketing campaign for the entire line of company products.
• Authored copy for and published online content for the company website.
• Designed and oversaw vendor production of company advertising material.
• Managed the tracking, priority, and coordination of multiple graphics projects within the company.
• Developed and authored corporate mass email campaigns.
• Directed re-branding of company logo and industry advertising presence.
• Provided technical treatment writing and 3D designs for graphic RFQ's and Government Proposal Requests.
Graphics Production Working Supervisor
Capitol Museum and Tradeshow Exhibit Services, Inc.
Aug 2009 - Aug 2012 (3 years)
* Directly managed production, quality control, and performance of art production personnel.
* Managed the priority and coordination of graphics projects within the department, provided graphics coordination, and tracking.
* Communicated with outside vendors and in-house personnel to satisfy client deadlines.
* Supervised production employee (s) and gave direction on graphics finishing and mounting.
* Provided freehand and computer-based illustration, design, and digital photography skills to format graphics information for a company specializing in trade-show services and national museum exhibits.
* Conducted on-site photography sessions for clients, prepared/scanned digital photography for marketing use.
* Maintained the capability to create and design a wide variety of artwork and the ability to archive files for future production efforts
* Proficient in software such as Adobe CC (Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign), Acrobat, PowerPoint, 3D SketchUp Pro, Vray, MS Office Suite, FileMaker Pro.
* Managed material inventories and maintained order requisitions to meet client deadlines.
* On a regular basis, successfully completed multiple client projects on competing deadlines with limited staff worth up to several million dollars.
* Provided critical design reviews and file troubleshooting under extremely tight deadlines.
* Continuously reviewed new materials/methods to increase productivity.
Graphic Production Supervisor & Senior Illustrator
Jun 2001 - Nov 2007 (6 years 5 months)
* Managed graphic art production personnel and extensive inventory supplies for wide format digital printers and supporting computer hardware/software systems.
* Provided evaluation and color-correction to digital art files for print production.
* Provided graphic design and illustration support to meet expectations of high profile museum and trade show clientele.
* Mentored junior graphic artists in approved design methods, file coordination and tracking, and vendor formats.
* Continuously researched and implemented new materials and procedures to increase department efficiency.
* Responsibilities included online and manual data/image research, designing, coordinating, and implementing graphics artwork and text for publication.
* Prepared illustrations and rough proposals of material according to client specifications.
* Performed image scanning, retouching, and editing in various industry standard programs such as Adobe CC, Onyx PosterShop, MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Acrobat, FileMaker Pro, and QuarkExpress.
* Maintained graphic production schedule for multiple million dollar projects under tight deadlines.
* Provided guidance and research to management on the purchase of emerging technology.