• Stream
  • Portfolio
  • About
Tape Dispenser Project

Task to create a tape dispenser for a character. Developed through iterations in Blue Foam and then wood forms. Utilized the sand casting technique from the wood forms to create Aluminum parts. 75% had to be casted the other 25% wood. All but 2 rubber "O" rings, the tape itself and the X-acto #10 blade, was all made by hand. Learned about form, product development, design thinking, casting, draft, threading, taping, aluminum, finishing, and Mechanical Functions.

Zachary Jackson
Industrial Design at Wentworth Institute of Technology Boston, MA