Price and Signage Team Member
Toys R Us
Sep 2005 - Present (16 years 1 month)
Providing assistance to customers regarding products and services that are available. Assistance can include locating items, answering questions of items and/or services that correspond with them, selling and returning items. Keeping the store in good and working order. Also being able to help provide assistance to any other coworker or supervisor.
• Customer Service - Having the ability to help customers find what they are looking for and/or provide alternative suggestions when needed.
• Interpersonal Skills - Being able to listen, understand and do what is asked by coworkers/supervisors and customers alike.
• Computer Skills - Ability to use company inventory system to locate, price adjust, special order and other various store functions.
• Cash Register - Complete sales, voids, returns and exchanges.
• Flexible - Willing to fill positions that are needed. Always willing to learn new positions.
• Service Desk/Money Counter - Prepare daily deposits for management. Audit tills and safe. Complete opening/closing paperwork. Customer service via in store and on the phone. Complete returns, exchanges, voids and sales transactions. Assist cashiers when needed. Create special orders, online orders and layaways.
• Merchandising - Stock shelves with product on hand. Follow floor layout changes.
• Price and Signage - Print, create and sort through all daily, weekly and unadvertised sales signage. Place signage on correct corresponding sale items. Make corrections when needed. Submit any issues with sales not working, upc/item numbers aren't correct. Ensure correct amount of tickets are available for each different type of bikes, powered ride-on vehicles and scooters. Complete daily and weekly price changes by locating items and changing prices via scanning each item, printing shelf labels or printing new tickets.
PDX GEAR Con
Apr 2011 - Aug 2012 (1 year 4 months)
GEAR Con is the annual Portland Steampunk Convention. First year was in July 22nd-24th, while the second year is being held August 17th-19th. During the first year, my role was interning as a graphic assistant. Creating documents, flyers, and other promotional materials that were used for the event. Assisting with what was needed on the days of the convention. Covering breaks, working the registration and consignment tables. During the second year, my role went into publications. Working on creating the program that was to be handed out to every patron, vendor and panelist. Program consists of panel descriptions, biographies, schedules, and performance listings.
• Graphics - Designing and creating documents, flyers, programs and other promotional materials.
• Customer Service - At the consignment table, talking about several items that were for sale. Providing information of both products and vendors.
• Hospitality - Greeting and talking with patrons and vendors of the convention. Ensuring that everyone is having a good time and providing help where and when is needed.
• Organization - Working with several documents and information to put together a program. Ensuring information is correct.
• Teamwork - Brainstorming ideas about who and what to have at the convention. Helping when others need assistance.
• Designed flyers, weekend passes and tickets.
• Oversaw and sold items at the consignment table.
• Created a list of scheduled panels.
• Registered patrons for day and weekend passes.
• Designed program for the 2012 convention.
Taco bell and KFC
Jun 2002 - Dec 2004 (2 years 6 months)