Graphic Artist/Shop Administrator
Mar 2015 - Present (6 years 8 months)
Create graphic designs for vinyl decals.
Send drawings to customers and makes necessary modifications until final approval is received.
Generate paint specification sheets, match vinyl, paint colors and orders custom graphics.
Verify that completed graphics match submitted drawing.
File paint specifications electronically.
Maintain quality standards for graphics and colors.
Operate printer/scanner, doing regularly scheduled maintenance.
Operate computer, laminator and plotter.
Freelance Graphic Artist
Jul 2014 - Mar 2015 (8 months)
Created original logo designs, flyers, order forms, business cards, postcards, e-blasts, web banners, and web images.
Johnny D Tees
Lake Villa, IL
Oct 2012 - Jul 2014 (1 year 9 months)
Provides custom apparel, custom printing, and embroidery.
• Skillfully performed spot color separation, spot color trapping, and spot film production.
• Created original logo designs, flyers, order forms, postcards, print ads, coupons, banners, and web images.
• Provided exceptional customer service and product knowledge during client consultations.
• Performed a broad range of administrative tasks, including: purchasing, invoicing, reporting, sales, quality control, and product packaging with accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
• Envisioned and implemented a filing system for client artwork to ensure optimal efficiency and better organize current and completed jobs, invoices, and films.
• Leveraged strong organizational skills and industry knowledge to implement systems for client proofs, press checks, job logs, Microsoft Excel time-cards, phone logs, as well as marketing strategies (such as e-blasts and promotional giveaways). Efforts resulted in significantly increased effectiveness.
Graphics Dept. Supervisor
Nov 2000 - Feb 2012 (11 years 3 months)
Global brand management solutions provider, offering a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to the corporate and collegiate marketplace.
• Provided forward thinking leadership, including administrative and technical supervision of design team in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Designed and supervised creative projects, including website images, e-blasts, flyers, posters, collegiate publication ad’s, catalogs, logo proofs original designs, photography, image manipulation, and color correcting. Ensured adherence to corporate and collegiate logo guidelines.
• Collaborated effectively and worked closely with sales team, customer service, purchasing department, outside vendors, and customers to ensure on-time delivery and optimal customer satisfaction.
• Effectively managed outsourcing production company located in India.
• Created and implemented a training manual and trained 30+ sales professionals on filling out artwork request forms, correcting artwork formats, and best practice methods formatting methods.
Mountain Graphix, LLC
Jan 1999 - Jan 2000 (1 year)
Developer and manufacturer of Free-Film decals for high quality transfers.
• Handled spot color separation, spot color trapping, recreation of halftones, and composed layouts from start to finish.
• Produced films, created customer art and color approvals, produced prototypes of customer art and provided exceptional service in all customer interactions.