Apr 2010 - Jan 2014 (3 years 9 months)
- Created, managed, and implemented future product assortment strategies for the entire Speck portfolio
- Managed and led three teams that design and execute the entire product assortment for the company. The teams include industrial designers, color/materials/finish designers, and mechanical engineers.
- Managed over 20 concurrent projects in multiple stages of development.
- Maintained design and brand consistency throughout product lines.
- Trained new designers in executing product extensions and created programs to quickly integrate designers into a fast-paced product design cycle.
- Designed over 30 different products that have sold in the millions of units, with the IPH5 CandyShell selling four million a month.
- Developed a program that allows full product control for the designer from the initial concept sketch to detailed tool design.
- Created product assortment strategies and presented to key Speck customers.
- Created trend forecasts each season and identified color/pattern assortments.
- Established processes to streamline product design and execution.
- Managed products both in design phase and on the ground in Chinese and Taiwanese factories. Spent 30% time in factories getting products to be made with the original design intent and at the right price.
Feb 2008 - Apr 2010 (2 years 2 months)
- Designed and managed the ENVY line of notebook computers.
- Integral in packaging and unboxing experience design across multiple platforms.
- Managed ODM resources including industrial designers, mechanical engineers, and electrical engineers to create complex products from the ground-up.
- Identified strategies for designing and producing a luxury product line for HP.
- Managed design consultants in ideation and style development.
2006 - 2008 (2 years)
- Developed products using a detailed design process which included consumer research, product ideation, concept sketching, 2D concept refinement, 3D prototyping, focus group validation, and production design.
- Led design across entire product lines for key clients in industries ranging from TV projectors to commercial ovens.