Freelance Marketing & Design
Allison Romanillos Tkachenko
Nov 2014 - Present (6 years 4 months)
• Visual/Graphic/Web Design for various companies from Financial Institutions to Startups
• Design implementation for reports, promotional documents at a non-profit consulting firm
• Assist in the development of brand elements during the early stages of various small businesses
• Create bespoke designs for special events including invitations, stationary, signage, greeting cards and infographics
Owner / Designer
Invites By Allie
Aug 2014 - Present (7 years 2 months)
Invitations, Stationery & Events Designer; Etsy Shop Owner since 2014 (part-time)
Senior Graphic Designer
New York, NY
Jun 2016 - Apr 2018 (1 year 10 months)
• Manage, execute, and implement design campaigns across print and digital media, collaborating with senior marketing managers, project managers, copywriters, and digital experts.
• Balance time-sensitive quarter-end production work with design requests for cross-functional marketing campaigns, ads, brochures, and client-facing presentations.
• Conceptualize and implement design campaigns across print & digital via email templates, landing pages, digital advertisements, mailers and more.
• Rework financial data to engage audiences and produce easy to understand visuals in a more efficient manner.
• Oversee Junior designers to ensure direction of company look & feel is being implemented through various stages of design.
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services
New York, NY
Mar 2015 - Jun 2016 (1 year 3 months)
• Strategize with analysts and creative director to create infographics and digital assets that translate statistical data into visuals published in high-profile reports, social media and news outlets.
• Conceptualize and produce visual event designs assets (digital and print)
• Create digital ads, social media imagery, marketing slicks, wireframes for email newsletters, fact sheets and brochures
Associate Consultant, Client Services
Oct 2011 - Mar 2015 (3 years 5 months)
As a corporate training consultant and go-to in-house graphic designer, I excel in facilitating conversations with both internal and external clients to translate problems into visual solutions. As an experienced project manager, I live the iterative process of a project, from conceptualization to implementation on a daily basis. Working for and alongside clients provides me with invaluable business experience that couples well with my creative nature.
I thrive under the pressure of creating unique designs within a set of strict branding requirements. I have worked with multiple clients and for each I have been challenged to adapt to their specific brand. I have successfully created sub-brands for programs underneath those given specifications to appeal to certain groups of personnel and events. Within small teams, I have successfully developed a year-long training program, multiple week-long training programs, and a two-week engineering management seminar. For each of these programs, I was responsible for creating a strategic brand to be infused in the core learning competencies, presentation decks, event design, program-specific web pages and various printed materials.
• Co-lead the branding and design for an engineering seminar with 200+ managers and executives, adhering to clients’ corporate branding requirements and budget constraints.
• Actively project managed the iterative development process of sales training eLearning programs from initial wireframing and content discovery to final publishing using Adobe Captivate.
• Designed digital and print materials including workbooks, brochures, presentation templates, graphic facilitation scrolls, whitepapers, conference booth designs, and more.
• Coordinated all aspects of sales, management, and leadership training workshops within a cross-functional team from research to branding and design to logistics and delivery.
Graphic Design Assistant
Jan 2010 - Aug 2011 (1 year 7 months)
Collaborating within an in-house design team for a global engineering company quickly introduced me to the challenges of translating complex business and technical concepts into beautiful visuals intended for a diverse audience.
• Assisted in the development of the corporate branding identity guide by helping to identify essential brand components, create templates to be used company-wide, and develop design standards to be used as a baseline for all marketing (internal and external) materials.
• Created and maintained digital and print material for tradeshows, website, clientele, etc.
• Assisted in the development and production of web pages, photo shoots, and flash videos for the web.
• Re-touched, edited, and enhanced photographs for use in marketing and promotional material.
• Managed internal Design Library, photo database, and MARCOM Sharepoint site.
Video Production Assistant and Camera Operator
Northeastern University Athletics
Sep 2010 - Dec 2010 (3 months)
Working in a real-time, fast-paced and high-visibility environment equipped me with the vital skill of working smart as a team under pressure.
• Captured crucial moments during sporting events using advanced professional cameras and software.
• Managed live statistics, video, and audio streaming to online broadcast and instant replay systems.
• Executed tasks as a team during high-pressure settings to successfully produce a smooth deliverable.