Sign Production Manager
May 2013 - Present (9 years 2 months)
Senior Project Designer
Feb 2011 - Present (11 years 5 months)
• Lead Project Designer on all national and international signage projects larger than $250,000.
• Project markets include; retail, entertainment, hospitality, commercial office, and healthcare.
• Directed design staff by developing processes for detailed and technically accurate conceptual designs and fabrication drawings.
• Primary estimating consultant for all metal fabrication, illumination, and large scale complex fabrication projects.
• Developed efficient standards of work in design, manufacturing, and estimating.
• Managed vendors for exterior installation, lighting, specialty metal finishing, out-of-house fabrication, and out-of-house CNC vendors.
• Managed the day-to-day IT issues including: software installation and troubleshooting, networking, and hardware purchasing.
• As a technology advisory board member, implemented ERP and CRM software that lead to higher margins and precise job estimating.
• Prepress/preflight setup for large format UV flatbed and solvent inkjet printers.
Discussion Board Moderator
Aug 2010 - Present (11 years 11 months)
Member of a volunteer group of individuals whose goal is to build and maintain a healthy discussion community. Our goal is to help move conversations forward and to promote and maintain a professional level of discourse that encourages an active participatory atmosphere.
May 2004 - May 2011 (7 years)
* Relied on my knowledge of bicycles and cycling products to assess, persuade and inform customers in a retail sales environment.
Mar 2007 - Jan 2011 (3 years 10 months)
* Established design standards using Lean Manufacturing methods. * Developed standard products for all high margin sales categories. * Responsible for initial design concepts of wayfinding systems, exterior campus identities, and interior recognition walls. * Designed and maintained a uniform look for all business forms and drawings throughout the company. * Trained and implemented SolidWorks best practices into the department. * Built and maintained a library of SolidWorks models to be used for design standards.
Interim Director of Design
Apr 2006 - Mar 2007 (11 months)
• Directed a staff of 3 designers to ensure each project was produced efficiently and on budget.
• Reviewed, prioritized and assigned all incoming design work.
• Served as primary point of contact with sales, production, estimating, and project management teams.
• Represented the design staff in weekly sales and production meetings, to remain informed of market changes, sales goals and requirements for production.
• Coordinated nation-wide site surveys, and out-of-house engineering services.
• Consulted directly with clients to discuss design intent and new projects, individually as well as along side sales staff.
• Problem solved production, design and budget constraints.
• Adopted and implemented Lean Manufacturing principles into the office environment.
Sep 2003 - Apr 2006 (2 years 7 months)
• Created conceptual designs through finalized production drawings for top level sign and architectural products manufacturing firm.
• Interpreted client’s design intent to realize finished product while adhering to budget and time constraints.
• Managed all outgoing artwork for CNC department and outside vendors.
• Maintained client’s design intent through structural and mechanical ingenuity.