Freelance Graphic Designer
Epoch Everlasting Play
2015 - Present (6 years)
•Designed and developed domestic and international packaging, logos and mechanicals for internal brands. Responsible for creating all Bilingual packaging for the Calico Critters brand.
•Constructed 3D packaging comps, showroom displays, and signage for Toy Fair, internal line review meetings, sales meetings and planogram purposes.
•Created and assembled large diorama displays for the Calico Critters brand exhibited at Toy Fair 2016-2019. Assisted in Toy Fair showroom set up.
Project Graphic Designer
2000 - 2014 (14 years)
Designed and developed creative packaging for domestic, international and customized retailers from concept to production on licensed brands, reaching markets on a global scale.
• Collaborated with cross functional teams in marketing, product design, engineering, and copywriting on the development of high quality package designs and packaging cost reducing initiatives.
• Worked closely with licensing partners: Disney, Nickelodeon, Silvergate, Hit Entertainment and Classic Media, to effectively ensure brand equity and meet quality requirements.
• Communicated daily with the Hong Kong/China packaging teams throughout the packaging development process to meet production schedules and improve work processes.
• Designed and art directed special retail store projects, such as POP displays, end caps, floor displays, in-store signage, planogram designs and pallet programs, enhancing consumer’s retail experience
• Art directed photography shoots all assigned Disney, Nickelodeon, HIT and International brands.
• Created various print collateral, cross-sell booklets, trade ads, CD and DVD cases and labels, sell sheets, catalogs, and graphics for websites.
• Participated in team brainstorm sessions to conceptualize new and innovative products.
Tyco Preschool / Fisher-Price (Mattel)
1996 - 2000 (4 years)
Provided graphic and packaging design and support for sales, trade shows and promotional events to help generate product sales.
• Designed and constructed 3D packaging comps, showroom displays, signage and presentation boards for Toy Fairs, internal line review meetings, sales meetings and planogram purposes.
• Worked closely with licensing brands: Sesame Street, Baby Looney Tunes, Jim Henson’s Muppets, Blues Clues, and Bear in the Big Blue House, successfully promoting the equity of these brands through packaging, marketing strategies and TV and print advertising.
• Managed freelance artists- Conducted interviews & reviewed portfolios for potential freelance hires.
Trained, delegated packaging projects & oversaw in-house & external freelance artists.
• Hand painted prototype samples for the product design department for licensed brands.
Remco Toys, Inc
1990 - 1996 (6 years)
• Designed and constructed packaging comps, blister cards and logo designs; created line art illustrations, package mechanicals, decal designs, presentations boards, sell sheets and promotional collateral.
• Collaborated with design and marketing creating the visual identity for several brands’ packaging projects from ideation to execution.
• Supported all trade shows by creating package comps, planograms, signage and displays. Set-up Toy Fair showrooms.