Freelance Graphic Designer
San Francisco, CA
Jan 2015 - Present (6 years 10 months)
• Conceptualizes and executes design for printed and digital event materials used for Google summits aimed at building partnerships with global brands.
Abre Linea Inc.
Jan 2014 - Mar 2015 (1 year 2 months)
Abre Linea Inc. is a social enterprise aimed at helping typhoon Haiyan victims by providing livelihood through locally sourced, beautifully designed woven bags.
• Designed woven bags and floor mats that made use of organic, local materials endemic to Leyte and Samar.
Aug 2014 - Feb 2015 (6 months)
• Headed the digital team formed of creative designers and developers.
• Provided creative direction for social media marketing and web design & development.
Design Group Head
Publicis Red Lion
Mar 2009 - Jul 2014 (5 years 4 months)
Nestle’s in-house design team in partnership with Publicis Groupe.
• Led the in-house design team in formulating creative presentations and design proposals.
• Oversaw all business management processes from administrative work and creative project management.
• Kept a hands-on roll up the sleeves attitude. Continued to design for projects Nestlé Ice Cream, Nestlé Health Science, Cerelac, Nestea, Nescafé Dolce Gusto, and Nestlé Corporate.
• Upheld design standards by putting quality control steps throughout the design process.
• Managed design team P&L
Apr 2008 - Jul 2008 (3 months)
• Handled BPI Corporate, one of the largest banking institutions in the Philippines. Designed print materials on foreign investments.
• Created sales support materials such as product brochures and sales kits for LG Electronics.
Jun 2007 - Apr 2008 (10 months)
• Launched successful events for Jim Beam.
• Partnered with the Executive Creative Director develop to win Garnier as an account.
Quezon City, Philippines
Mar 2004 - Jun 2007 (3 years 3 months)
• Successfully launched GMA Pinoy TV worldwide to the United States, Europe and Asia. GMA Pinoy TV was embraced by Filipinos around the world not only of it's program content but also of the creative way that the Philippine pride was seen through the designs.
• Took responsibility for the entire process from brand identity, station IDs, show plugs and all marketing collaterals.
Oct 2000 - Mar 2004 (3 years 5 months)
The first local advertising agency where I was trained not only to think as a creative but also understand and practice the technical process of final artwork preparation for print production.
• Handled several CPG brands in different industries such as pharmaceutical (Wyeth), beverage (Pop Cola, Sarsi, Selecta Moo), food (Little Caesar's, RFM), healthcare (Hapee Toothpaste), and homecare (Zonrox).