U Brands is currently hiring a 3D generalist/artist to model products and create eye catching renders for a variety of needs.
Creativity is the fundamental organizing principle of our business and our brands. We conceive & deliver innovative branded products to all retail channels throughout a rapidly growing range of home and office goods.
Our success is the byproduct of a continual flow of imaginative thought, fearless leadership, retail support & quick action. We think fast, design fast and we’re growing fast.
We’re proud of our sunny SoCal design studio’s openness in structure and workflow. Designers work directly with manufacturing, retaining their design intent from sketch through final sale.
SPECIFIC SKILLS: For the 3D Generalist/Artist
• All applicants must submit a portfolio demonstrating the applicable skills in order to be considered for this position.
• Degree from accredited Art/Design program.
• 2-3 years of work experience creating models and renders.
• 2+ years of professional 3ds Max and/or Rhino modeling experience.
• 2+ years of professional Vray and/or Keyshot render experience. Arnold experience is a plus.
• Ability to retopologize geometry as a quad-mesh
• Show proficiency in UV mapping, texturing, lighting, etc
• An overall understanding of light, color, composition, and rendering techniques.
• Excellent communication skills, visual and verbal (English proficiency required).
• Proficiency in material creation.
• Show strong organization of asset and material libraries.
• Ability to work collaboratively with business owners, supervisor, or independently.
• Able to multitask, adapt & quickly apply feedback to designs.
• Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Keyshot and Microsoft Office.
• Animation experience a plus.