MID-LEVEL 3D DESIGNER (REMOTE OK)
Harper + Scott makes branded goods rooted in lifestyle, art and fashion for hundreds of
major clients across dozens of industries. We are revolutionizing the stale landscape of
traditional marketing and private label merchandise with thoughtful, considerate and
on-trend design paired with quick lead times and exceptional quality. We now work with
hundreds of brands who look to us for our leadership in innovative product design.
We are a fast-growing company seeking a mid-level 3D designer to join our creative
studio, headquartered in NYC. The 3D designer will be responsible for creating
innovative and original designs for a wide range of products including influencer mailers,
product packaging, store displays, bottle glorifiers, commemorative merchandise,
glassware, soft-goods, jewelry and more.
Designer will be required to create quick-turn, accurate 3D models and high quality
renderings with an emphasis on realism, dynamic composition and lighting to
communicate designs to clients and manufacturers. Additionally, designer will be
required to create technical drawings, diagrams, die-lines and production-ready artwork,
and communicate with the production team to supervise designs through to final
- BFA in Industrial Design, 3D modeling, or comparable education background.
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferable at an agency ( Please note: this is not an
entry level position and candidates with fewer than 3 years of experience will not
- Critical thinking skills, ability to persuasively critique designs and receive
- Strong 2D hand-sketching skills
- Familiarity with package design and basic industrial design concepts including
common manufacturing processes and materials
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong design research and analysis skills
- Ability to create design concepts for a wide range of styles, ability to understand
and design for brand guidelines
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently across multiple projects with short deadlines
and multitask fluidly
- Ability to design within budgetary constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively with team members
REQUIRED SOFTWARE + TECHNICAL SKILLS
- High proficiency in Solidworks modeling required, must be able to model a wide
variety of products quickly with high accuracy, often based on limited reference
- High proficiency in Keyshot required, should be able to demonstrate compelling
compositions, environments, lighting and realism. Should be comfortable with
node-based materials editing and be able to create complex materials that
replicate their real-world counterparts.
- High proficiency in Adobe Suite programs, especially Illustrator, Photoshop and
Indesign is required.
- Experience with mesh-based 3D modeling programs such as Blender or
Cinema4D, especially 3D sculpting are a plus but not required
- Animation experience, especially in Keyshot is a plus but not required
- Experience with Clo3D is a plus but not required
Applicants must submit résumé and portfolio in either PDF or website format.