About this role:
Are you a design enthusiast with a passion for showcasing Umbra’s original products through 3D imagery?
Are you an ideas-driven creative type at heart, with a highly organized work flow and enthusiasm to “get it done”?
Join Us- We’re Umbra: Inspired by design, driven to perform!
Your Mission: You will produce visual assets including rendering, material creation, layout, lighting, composition, and post-production as well as support a catalog of product images for the Brand Studio!
Here’s what makes you successful at Umbra…
Entrepreneurial Spirit: With a “no job is too small” mentality, you roll up your sleeves, boldly jump in and get it done! You have a passion for design and feel at home in a private, non-corporate work environment.
Can-Do Attitude: You’re resilient with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. You respond to changing priorities with urgency, and work effectively under pressure to deliver on customer expectations.
Curiosity: You thrive in a fast-paced environment, ask questions and seek out answers. You challenge the status quo, embrace change and constantly look for ways to be faster, better.
Street Smarts: You’re a practical problem-solver who takes calculated risks. You use common sense and available evidence to create workable solutions and meet deadlines.
Team Player Mentality: As a collaborative team player, you build effective working relationships across all levels of our global organization. Your humility and optimism inspire others and drive team success.
What you’ll do to be successful…
• Perform image creation, retouching, color and material correction, Photoshop enhancements, preparations for in-house graphics and the Marketing Department as required
• Produce world-class quality 3D renderings for the web, catalog, sell sheets, promotional brochures and advertising
• Work closely with internal team members including project managers, product designers and graphic designers to communicate features and benefits of new products and convey them in shot concepts, layout specifications, propping, lighting and CAD modelling
• Maintain archiving process and image library including saving files to digital asset server; ensure latest images are uploaded and available
What you’ll bring to be successful …
• Technical Skills: Proficiency using 3D rendering software including 3DS MAX, VRAY/F-Storm, Adobe Suite, Archviz, PBR, Solidworks and 3D Keyshot ; strong knowledge of Spline and Poly-based modelling; advanced material creation and complex shader networks and texturing skills; experience with HDRI lighting for both interiors and product; developed post-production skills; keen eye for composition, lighting, scene assembly and photorealism is a must.
• Collaborative team player with strong work ethic: Can adapt to changing priorities with a positive attitude and work independently and collaboratively as part of a team within strict deadlines to produce results; demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives with other creative people and projects simultaneously with high attention to detail
• Suggested Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic, Product or Interior Design is a plus. Specific courses in 3D media, CAD and Rendering are assets
• Preferred Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years’ related 3D rendering experience in an entrepreneurial work environment involving design, fashion trends and home-related products preferably.
Here’s how we reward success …
Umbra is a place where innovative minds thrive on its fast pace and make things happen. We value our unique work space, our global mindset and our distinct design-centric culture.
We offer all permanent full-time associates competitive base compensation and incentive plans, group benefit coverage and RSP matching programs, as well as more exciting things like flexible working arrangements, continuous learning opportunities, a generous employee product discount, recognition galore, an on-site gourmet café to treat yourself, and full gym facilities to keep you healthy. Overall, a fab place to work and build a career!
How to join our global team …
If this career opportunity is your dream job, send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “3D Digital Rendering Artist” in the subject line. Note that only applications with portfolios will be considered.
Please provide a portfolio with your letter of application and resume.