Adjunct Faculty Open Rank - Solidworks Specialism
Job ID: 20705
Location: LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
The Industrial Design Program at LaGuardia Community College is growing and seeking adjunct industrial design professors. The Industrial Design Program provides students with the basic traditional and digital design skills towards understanding and developing consumer products. The program is currently seeking experienced industrial design professors with experience in using Solidworks. The adjunct faculty is expected to teach courses during the fall 2019 semester. Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and deliver lecture and laboratory Solidworks assignments to students;
- Instruct in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
- Develop a C.A.D. learning environment which develops students’ Solidworks skills in part modeling, drafting, assembly modeling, rendering, surfacing and preparation for 3D printing, CNC machining and manufacturing;
- Maintain an environment which emphasizes learning while encouraging free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
- Providing timely feedback to students’ questions and grading assignments;
- Maintain accurate academic and student attendance records;
- Participate in curriculum and course development, revision and evaluation.
For Adjunct Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor:
Terminal degree or its equivalent in industrial design or a related field.
For Adjunct Lecturer:
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
- At least four years of commercial industrial design experience using Solidworks.
- Candidates with any college teaching experience are highly desirable.
- Proven creation of products that reached the marketplace.
- Desire to mentor exceptional students
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
July 12, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.