Office of Institutional Advancement, Alumni Engagement
The UMBC Alumni Association is a growing and global network, rooted in Maryland, consisting of all UMBC graduates from diverse backgrounds and specialties. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will support the Office of Alumni Engagement and UMBC’s Alumni Association nurture individual and community foundations shaped at UMBC by strengthening connections between alumni, future alumni, friends, and partners. The Coordinator will support these efforts by executing the logistics, communications, and associated tasks for events that facilitate alumni pride, connection to, and support of UMBC.
The UMBC Alumni Association fosters lasting connections by increasing engagement and developing deeper relationships among the global UMBC community. The coordinator will leverage technology and innovation to expand the reach of the Office of Alumni Engagement and the UMBC Alumni Association to amplify the value of UMBC. This will be accomplished through planning and organizing events including both broad-based alumni events, as well as events focusing on specific constituencies, regions, and/or affinities. One particular constituency the coordinator will intentionally focus on is recent graduates, both graduate and undergraduate and how to ensure maintaining their connection to campus after matriculating into the Alumni Association.
This is a contractual position (CII) that will report to the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement. The contract is for a period of one year with the option for two renewal periods.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years in alumni engagement and/or event management
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while proactively communicating progress to colleagues
- Ability to take initiative in an entrepreneurial environment
- Creative program planning
- Note: Position is full-time and may involve occasional travel, evening, and/or weekend work
- Volunteer management in a higher education or similarly complex organization
- Customer service and/or relationship-management experience
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals
For best consideration, please submit a cover letter and a resume by Friday, December 15, 2023 at https://listings.umbc.edu/cw/en-us/job/494387/alumni-engagement-coordinator