Looking for a Maker, Teacher, and Tinkerer all-in-one. Allegheny Educational Systems is a provider of technology-based educational consultation, solutions, and services to K-12 School Districts, Career and Technology Centers, Postsecondary Institutions, and Universities in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. We provide and support 3D printing, Laser Cutting, CNC Machining, CAD/CAM, 3D Scanning, and other technologies.
We are seeking a person with a "Makerspace" or "Fab Lab" Manager skill set who is willing to travel locally. A self-directed, motivated individual who can interact with our customers (teachers) and technical manufacturing partners to install, demonstrate, teach others, and repair technology-based educational training equipment in the South Eastern NY, Northern NJ, and North Eastern PA territory.
Allegheny Educational Systems is a seasoned team of professionals with whom you will report to, as well as go-to for assistance, guidance, and support as you learn to manage and expand your duties. This position is responsible to support the sales team thru demonstrations, trade shows, delivery, unboxing, setup, training, troubleshooting, warranty repairs, and on-site service.
This position requires some overnight travel and reports to the President of the company but is expected to interact closely with the Senior Technician and maintain constant communication with the Regional Sales Representative(s).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Installation and customer training on new equipment, applications, and software interfaces.
- Field service troubleshooting, testing, and repair.
- Project installation assistance and management.
- Tracking new shipments, repair parts, and returns.
- Keeping detailed records of work performed and relaying this to the customer and sales rep. on a daily basis
- Answering tech support phone calls, troubleshooting via email, and remote assistance
- Application/ Technology experimentation and demonstration for potential customers
Skills we're looking for:
- Maker Space Technician, Fab Lab Manager, or Applications Engineer skill set.
- A willing attitude to learn and adapt as we constantly deal with new technologies and
- Experience with CAD, CAM, and Graphic Design software are critical.
(SolidWorks, MasterCAM, Illustrator experience is preferred).
- Experience with Rapid Prototyping Technologies / 3-D printing is desired.
- General computer knowledge and management is a must (file management, e-mails, etc.) Networking knowledge is a plus.
- Experience answering the phone and speaking with customers/ vendors in a professional, courteous manner.
- Good organizational skills are essential. Must be able to manage multiple tasks at one time, manage your own schedule, and follow tasks to completion to meet customer demands.
- Must be flexible with schedule and responsive to colleagues’ and customers’ needs during normal business hours.
-Occasional overnight travel is required.
Competitive salary, Healthcare, and 401K. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Please call Brad Chandler- 610-675-7503 with questions.