Ennead Architects LLP is an international architectural firm specializing in cultural and institutional projects. We are seeking an experienced Architectural Designer or Registered Architect to join our firm with 5-8 years of recent architectural work experience.
The successful candidate will work directly with the firm’s Partners and Senior Staff on projects of all scales. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the design and planning process for multiple building types and the production and coordination of architectural construction documents under the direction of the project’s technical leadership.
What You Will Do:
• Assist Principal-in-Charge with generating Design Services Proposals
• Acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
• Required to use advanced techniques and modification/extension of theories, precepts, and practices of individual’s filed.
• Manage the overall project through all design phases including client interaction, schedule and financial performance.
• Understand contracts and run projects from inception through to project closeout
• Manage project teams, determining staffing assignments required to meet project milestones.
• May supervise and provide guidance to a small staff of architects and technicians.
• Responsible for all aspects of project management including budgeting, staffing, billing and consultant billing
• Manage and/or generate details, both exterior and interior within a Revit context.
• Lead in coordination with consultants and design team.
• Coordinate material identification and specifications.
• Quality control of the contract documents.
• Lead all aspects of the Construction Administration phase including meetings, submittals and preparation of field sketches.
• Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices in broad array of assignments and related fields
• Bachelor of Architecture degree with 5-8 years of recent architectural experience required.
• On-track for or has current Architectural registration.
• Having Project Manager/Architect work experience is a plus.
• Must be able to maintain a professional and productive relationship with clients and co-workers.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills are essential.
• Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, in addition to being attentive and approachable.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit AutoCAD, Photoshop, Rhino, Illustrator and other 3-D software experience is a plus.
• Good report and technical writing skills desired with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Deltek Vision Software a plus.
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.