Our brand has a rich 100+ year history. Born from inventor William Stanley Jr. who forever changed the way hot drinks were consumed, in 1913 he fused vacuum insulation and the strength of steel in one portable bottle, inventing the all-steel vacuum bottle we know and love today. The Stanley Art Director will lead creative visual merchandising design for all key events, point-of-sale, sales support tools, and product packaging under the leadership of the Global Marketing Director and in partnership with both internal and external creative partners. The Art Director will be a key member of the team to help steward and help grow this heritage brand.
The Art Director will be responsible for driving the creative conceptualization of projects from Powerpoint presentations, to brand marketing collateral, to product packaging development, and tradeshow assets. This position reports to the Global Marketing Director, Stanley and will be on a team consisting of amazing and dedicated art, event, content and digital marketers.
The Art Director will also partner cross-functionally with the greater Pacific Market International (PMI) Creative Development team, which consists of other Creative Development Leads on both the Engineering and Industrial Design teams, in-house Photography, Production, and Traffic teams, as well as partner with several external creative and digital agencies. Together this team guides creative for the brand.
Big Picture Responsibilities
• Lead and execute against all key event creative assets (trade and consumer shows and events) under the leadership of the Global Marketing Director and in partnership with both internal and external partners, from booth graphics to signage to on-site activation assets.
• Ownership and seasonal updates/maintenance of the Master Powerpoint and assortment merchandising tools in partnership with both the Stanley Product team and Sales Process and Planning. This includes building winning visual assortments for key accounts and supporting sales with a recommended assortment/visual planogram.
• In partnership with the Stanley Events and Merchandising Manager, lead and execute against all Point-of-Sale visual assets such as merchandisers, aisle violators, banners, flags, tents, tablecloths, posters, etc.
• Lead and execute against all packaging production for the domestic market and oversee brand correctness in all regional markets.
• Lead and execute against all seasonal and sales support needs such as sell sheets, term sheets, invites and small signage.
• You will be responsible for your own timelines and overall project management in the Basecamp Project Management tool and version control and overall file management on the servers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Brand Specific Responsibilities
• Expert in outdoor industry market for design / creative in marketing, packaging, and production
• Retail marketing: Partner with marketing and product development to lead the creation of in-store marketing solutions, ie: palate programs, signage, pdq & floor stand, circulars, packaging
• Partner with both internal and external teams for strategy, and drive creative development of digital sales materials such as sales pitch presentations
• Develop deep knowledge of our consumer and retailers and are able to speak to both groups authentically and effectively through:
- Product packaging
- Product illustrations
- Point of Sales (POS) displays
- Marketing collateral
- Trade show booths and collateral
• Be able to, when needed, vet and manage outside vendors, working within a budget for printing, photography, illustrations, and design.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone
• Good personal skills with the ability to effectively mentor, lead, and work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
• Willingness to adapt to quick-changing business needs and deadlines
• Possess a work ethic that includes drive, organization, neatness and punctuality
• Proficient on both the Macintosh OSX and PC platforms
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Asks smart questions
• Proactively communicates and collaborates with brand leadership
• Follows through to the end
• Can identify areas for improvement, then create and execute action plans independently
Education and Experience
• Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related degree
• 8+ years digital and print brand experience working in graphic design as a lead or senior designer
• Experience working with mass-market national / international brands, particularly in the outdoor industry
• In-house experience a plus
Reports To: Global Marketing Director, Stanley
Please send your resume to Taylor.Christopher@PMI-worldwide.com for more info!
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.